Home

EA, please let us edit draft classes in the future

This is a discussion on EA, please let us edit draft classes in the future within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2008, 04:58 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: EA, please let us edit draft classes in the future

Someone who spends the time going in to edit the draft classes that carefully isn't going to screw the game over and play unrealistically. They're just looking for the most realistic in-depth game experience they can get.
Old 08-20-2008, 04:58 PM   #10
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

It was in NFL 2K5 so we know it can be done.

If they let us edit ratings in Franchise Mode (like NBA/College Hoops 2K7-9) all the complaints about progression/regression and over/under rated draft classes are moot!
Old 08-20-2008, 05:51 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
It was in NFL 2K5 so we know it can be done.

If they let us edit ratings in Franchise Mode (like NBA/College Hoops 2K7-9) all the complaints about progression/regression and over/under rated draft classes are moot!
yep, I miss that feature that was in 2k5. Plus I could change a few name to people I know etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2008, 05:59 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Illegal numbers do annoy me. I used to just edit the NCAA players who are going to the draft. It got too consuming though. I wish they could just write something into the game code so that if a college player in the imported draft class has an illegal number, it would adjust it.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:10 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

One of the first things I did was sim a season and check the draft picks of the other teams. It seemed that rookie running backs, and wide receivers had numbers that they were supposed to. I didn't check other positions d-back with single digits or LB's with numbers in the 40's (I know they were them in the pre-season, but rarely in the regular season). I know it's me being picky, but if I can remember you could change them on the regular xbox.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:00 PM   #14
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelfan71
yep, I miss that feature that was in 2k5. Plus I could change a few name to people I know etc.

The other thing they need is FACES.

Head Coach and last gen Madden had faces for drafted rookies....not sure why Madden can't do it.

2K used that photo composite thing that would sometimes give goofy looking guys but at least you could distinguish between players.

It adds TONS more depth/realism when you can see your players faces on stat menus, in game stat overlays, etc.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:18 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 37

I have been asking to be able to edit all players during franchise mode since 2003. I don't get why EA is so opposed to allowing full customization. You call it cheating or whatever but who cares. If I want to change ratings, let me... I want to play my franchise how I want to play it. We need to be able to edit all of our players AND all the players on EVERY SINGLE TEAM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2008, 02:50 AM   #16
Pro

Revolution42's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by knights41
Thank you, thank you, thank you. I haven't seen it yet, but I am sure that I will not be able to change the number of a HB, that got drafted by a team (which I am not) from his college jersey of #3 to a pro number.

I need complete control. My franchise, my rules!

....complete control....MY franchise, MY rules....amen brother. Until then, perhaps some PC version Madden should be explored. I think I will look into renting the PC version, see what it has to offer....good idea #41.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »