Home

8/20/08 Video 2 - Better Everything

This is a discussion on 8/20/08 Video 2 - Better Everything within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2008, 04:30 PM   #1
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50
8/20/08 Video 2 - Better Everything

Still based off my IQ Test Score and more.

Running better play calling, passing and running game good. No robo QB with falsely stated 200% accuracy..

Watch and Enjoy!!! HD!!!

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v15610087ZNCSTnc8

Added:

Since a lot of people don't know why these videos are posted this is video 2.

The impressions thread, had complaints of the cpu having Robotic and extremely accurate QB's. To where they don't make mistakes.

My videos show otherwise. Also complaints of not being able to run in the game are get any yardage. My videos show otherwise.

What people aren't use to is, you can't break any tackle anymore. But it doesn't mean you can't break them. Also the drop back 20 and pass is gone now. Since now, dropping back too far, will result in a sack or a shorter pass.

Also from playing against the Jets in video 1 and Houston in video 2, you can see the play styles are different. I'm not playing to get 20 points in 2 quarters. I'm only playing on 5 mins to show people your play style is what makes this game play different. Playing on All-pro, All-Madden etc. Will get you stats but maybe not the results you want because your skills are not playing to that level.

Use the madden IQ test and play with your level of skills and choose your teams wisely, because the CPU will work on your weaknesses and strengths. In the process you'll get better, your stats will get better. And all else will progress.

Most of the premature comments in the impressions threads were from people who expect the CPU to play them like another human. Or for it to allow them to run circles around them. If life was that easy, there wouldn't be a challenge included.

Also trying playing for trophy's the cpu really plays you hard when there is something on the line.

Enjoy the video!

Last edited by Behindshadows; 08-20-2008 at 06:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2008, 04:48 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: 8/20/08 Video 2 - Better Everything

at the 2:13 or so minute mark, you were looking through the playbook and then you expanded the players numbers in the green circles and they were highlighted blue. how did u do that and what does it do. I never saw that before.

thxs.
Old 08-20-2008, 04:50 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 3

i mean around the 2:03 mark
Old 08-20-2008, 05:04 PM   #4
MVP

erickonasis's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkEagle
at the 2:13 or so minute mark, you were looking through the playbook and then you expanded the players numbers in the green circles and they were highlighted blue. how did u do that and what does it do. I never saw that before.

thxs.
Yes I'd Like to know also... and thank you for these vids great quality
Old 08-20-2008, 05:04 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 2

Still trying to figure out what you're hoping to accomplish with this laughable crusade.

edit: Don't really want to waste time watching the entire 16 minutes, however your first drive further proved almost everything wrong with the CPU defense. Exploiting easy runs with stretch/toss plays (alternatively you had negative yards attempting to run up the middle), and easy wide open completions to the tight end, particularly over-the-middle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2008, 05:16 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkEagle

thxs.
i just watched that 3 times and the only thing i saw him doing was a formation sub.....is that what your talking about? cant be......

but i also dont understand the point to this video......what is the poster trying to show us?
Old 08-20-2008, 05:37 PM   #7
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard
i just watched that 3 times and the only thing i saw him doing was a formation sub.....is that what your talking about? cant be......

but i also dont understand the point to this video......what is the poster trying to show us?
Read what I added to the original post.

Also guys the blue you saw was me subbing certain players out on that particular play, so it could run smoother on the cpu's defense. Like I did on that run. I knew Barber didn't have the speed. So I got a speed HB to do it for me and it got me 8 yds.
Old 08-20-2008, 06:52 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 9

You're just calling a lot of Dollar, Quarter and Dime packages against base packages. You're selling out against the pass and not caring about the run at all. It makes sense given the Robo QB and the nerfed CPU run game but that isn't really sound football strategy. It's just beating the Madden system. You got 7 DB's in on one play against the CPU's formation with one wideout on 2nd and 5? Of course you're going to stop the pass.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »