Home

Need community help!!! Player/Team animations

This is a discussion on Need community help!!! Player/Team animations within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2008, 11:13 PM   #25
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Need community help!!! Player/Team animations

SPECIFIC ANIMATION: Jeff Garcia distinctive dropback and throw
Details: Jeff Garcia has horrid footwork. He almost looks like he's falling backwards and barely gets ahold of himself at the end of the drop. On his hitch step, he holds the ball out behind him as he bounces forward, and bring it back in with a small arching motion. When he throws, he's similar to Marino with a wider release, looking more like he's "flinging" the ball than throwing it.
Game / Time Last Seen: every pass play. I'll post an video when I get home.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2008, 11:23 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicio10
I hope the focus is on player gameplay animations instead of celebrations. i feel like the priority here is with off-the-field stuff. please get the signature animations down on the field.

player-specific QB drop back and throwing animations
player-specific RB running, cutting, carrying animations
player-specific WR route running, jumping, catching animations
Which ones do you want? Any specific examples?

I guess my point is - is there a catch animation that I could play that would make you say "Wow that is a Chad Johnson catch" or something to that effect? Or a juke where you say "Damn they have Tomlinson's specific juke!"
Old 08-20-2008, 11:28 PM   #27
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
SPECIFIC ANIMATION: Rams PR Dante Hall "X" Celebration
Details: When Dante makes a big play, he makes 2 fists and crosses his wrists in front of him around chin level with his palms down in the form of an "X". Sometimes done with ball still in hand. See below.
Game / Time Last Seen: Everytime he makes a play.

Already in Madden.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:28 PM   #28
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefsfan881129
i cant seem to find a picture or video anywhere but for the Chiefs After Larry Johnson Scores a TD He Does the Hand Sgnal Thingy and sometimes he sometimes has a player pick him up in the end zone and he does the hand signa thingl then

edit found a picture of the hand thing he does but i still need someone to find a picture of him being picked up by another player from his team and him doing this hand signal as well as one with him alone and doing it too and a video will help as well

when it happens is in each game he scores a touchdown in this is his TD Celbreation

here a preview hope this helps sorry if i did not type it in the format requested as i need to get to bed thanks
Already in Madden.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:29 PM   #29
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Birthday Boy
If they are looking to add more specific stuff that's always a good thing -

Roy Williams of the Lions most of the time after the catch runs with the ball in one hand holding it to the outside.

Any examples I can look for specifically? Even just a game or play you remember seeing this in so I don't have to start combing game film?
Old 08-20-2008, 11:30 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 24

Animation: Ben Roethlisberger QB drop back and throwing
Details: I'm not an evaluator, so I'll let this video show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Z5dq...eature=related

The second clip shows it frozen. His on-the-run throws are great, he's upright and lobs it right in there.

I'm currently looking for a Hines Ward celebration picture, or a catch picture. He mimicks the TO and Chad celebrations all the time, BTW. Here's a video of that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02f80...eature=related

One thing that is Hines-only is his smile. If you've ever watched a Steelers game, you'll notice that every catch Hines has a huge grin on his face. I'm sure there's no way to show that in the game, but it's as signature as you get with the Steelers.

Last edited by tyler289; 08-20-2008 at 11:34 PM.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:33 PM   #31
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

SPECIFIC ANIMATION: DeAngelo Williams stiff arms the defender IN FRONT of him!
Details: On a long run, Panthers RB DeAngelo Williams often tries to stiff arm his tacklers to the ground.
Game / Time Last Seen: vs Dallas last season - YouTube video below, please watch the video from the :37 mark to the to the :50 mark for this particular play.

SPECIFIC ANIMATION: DeAngelo Williams scores a TD and tosses the football to the fans then does the back jump celebration.
Details: After scoring a rushing touchdown, DeAngelo will often toss the football to the fans in the endzone at home.
Game / Time Last Seen: After rushing TDs - YouTube video below, please watch the video from the 3:40 mark to the 3:50 mark for the toss and then the leap into a lineman backwards.

THANKS for the community involvement.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2008, 11:33 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 10

Ok Ian maybe we got off on the wrong foot here and in the other thread! Lets try this again. What I and MANY others would like is if all 32 QBs had generic uniforms on we could tell who they were by the throwing styles. In NBA 2k you can tell who the player is by his jumper and shot animations, thats what we want in madden also have all 32 QBs have there own throwing animations! Does that fall into the guidelines buddy. And please dont ask me to post 32 youtube videos showing you the different animations

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »