Home

Pass Commit / Run Commit

This is a discussion on Pass Commit / Run Commit within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2008, 04:04 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Pass Commit / Run Commit

I do the same thing by watching linemen. If you run a 3-4 it becomes EXTREMELY obvious when it's a run play (except draws.)
Old 08-22-2008, 04:45 PM   #18
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23

I use it but believe the guy that said you will be screwed if you hit RUN COMMIT on play action.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:25 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
Ok, now I'm getting it. I usually just read the lineman, if they come up pushing forward its a run, if they move back or stand up straight pass. But the sneaky Draws still get me.
I love to read this kind of stuff: the processes we as players go through when playing Madden. For me, Defense is like a game of Tetris...where I try to give DLs and LBs commands to just cause all kinds of chaos and crash on the offensive line...just something I do instinctively to disrupt the offense. I agree with what someone said earlier - I Pass Commit nearly all the time. Your guys will still react well to the run. However, if you Run Commit on a pass play...lookout playboy - you're gonna get burned.

-SeventhWard

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »