Home

Should WR's have hight advantage over DB's?

This is a discussion on Should WR's have hight advantage over DB's? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Should WR's have slight advantage over the DB's?
Yes 28 87.50%
No 1 3.13%
Working as intended 3 9.38%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-22-2008, 12:46 AM   #9
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: Should WR's have hight advantage over DB's?

watching some pre season stuff i really see the ability some wr have now...
Old 08-22-2008, 12:56 AM   #10
Rookie

kujoking7's Arena

OVR: 4

this is y i hate madden, u have a small corner guarding like t.o. or randy moss, ur qb makes a perfect throw, it's gonna b a td... but wait! the 5'8" corner jumps 15ft to deflect the pass and its gonna b 4th down. stupid crap like this makes me wanna...

o and i say a big YES

“Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.”
Old 08-22-2008, 01:09 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 6

I think wr's should have the advantage for the simple fact that they have the advantage in real life. Wr's know where the play is going and where to be while the db has to anticipate or guess what the reciever is going to do. Furthermore, wr's having the advantage is what makes having a great db on your team worth having..only a select few dbs in the nfl are great corners, free saftey's and strong safetys

I will win...
NBA-Bulls, Thunder
NFL-Da Bears, Eagles
MLB-Whitesox
C-Football-The Ohio State University, Illinois
C-Basketball-Duke
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2008, 01:15 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 10

this is where wr/db interaction needs to be worked on. wrs and dbs when neck and neck deep down the field do not battle or use there arms to get position or anything its just cb jumps and bats the ball down or they turn around super quick and jump up 10 feet for the int or your wr has just enough room to where the ball will miss the cb's and/or lbs and/or ss 10 foot leap. 2k5 and 2k8 did the deep passes really well the defender would put his hand(s) up and bat the ball down without jumping 10 feet i hope they work on this for next years game it was one of the reasons i didnt buy the game.
Old 08-22-2008, 02:10 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 6

I've been able to get my guys to go up for the ball. Usually I push up on the stick, and they will sky for it. I've done it on a few fade routes as well after some trial and INTs.
Old 08-22-2008, 12:26 PM   #14
Pro

Ankido's Arena

OVR: 14

The funny thing with the CPU is ROBO QB can put the ball anywhere on the field. This tells you that the accuracy is there but not enabled for the User. If I use Devin Hester whos the fastest football player on the planet, why shouldn't I be able to lead pass him to keep the DB away from it. This is how you force to the defense to double team you or switch another defender to cover. Every time I've tossed a deep bomb to Hester when he's WIDE open the DB manages to catch up and make the stop. It does it on All Pro and All Madden. Anything less then that makes the game Mickey Mouse.
Old 08-22-2008, 12:55 PM   #15
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40

I'd like to see it where your WR can just out jump a DB and pull off a catch.

Granted this would be limited to tall or very athletic receivers, it could be awesome. Think of Randy Moss one on one with a 5'11 DB.
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2008, 01:21 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 24

I'm really tired of the short and stubby look of madden also. I don't want really tall players-like in NFL2K5-but some length and variation would be nice. In madden, even when I watch the replays and see players up close, there's no height difference between them-crazy! IMO, the players are slightly bigger in NCAA-but still not enough.
That's why the DB's have no problem jumpin' in front of or above the receivers....they're all the same size. And the DB's jump higher than the WR's-are you kiddin' me?!!!!!!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »