Home

A Tale of 3 Franchise Glitches/Bugs

This is a discussion on A Tale of 3 Franchise Glitches/Bugs within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 12:30 AM   #1
Rookie

kujoking7's Arena

OVR: 4
A Tale of 3 Franchise Glitches/Bugs

Here's the story of 3 different franchise bugs/glitches...

1. I create a team in Madden 09 for the 360 (as i usually do in madden or ncaa) and go into a franchise mode. The team is based in California so I decide to take over a team that has a team right near them, in this case, the Oakland Raiders (sorry raiders fans!!!). I go into the franchise mode rosters to see that i have NONE of the raiders players!!!!! I check the FA's and every other team and i cannot find ONE of them!!! This really pissed me off and I had to do a fantasy draft.

2. I found out a massive free agent glitch. I am the same fantasy draft team w/o a salary cap to try something. THE SAME FA'S ARE STILL THERE. Such as takeo spikes, ty law, terry glenn, etc. The fantasy draft seems not to put any of these other people in the draft.

3. This may be the stupidest and worst of all. I am yet the same team and I pick up some FA's w/o the salary cap. I found out that you can trade 2 w/ a late round draft pick or 3 for a 1st or 2nd round pick!!! I did all the trades as an "experiment" to see how many picks I can get. I ended up screwing over at least 10 teams and getting 9 first round picks. This has some relation to #2 because the players aren't in the damn draft!

(for all of you cheaters out there, salary cap needs to be off because at the end of the year, your total salary becomes like mine was, $297M by paying all of the FA bonuses)

ANYONE ELSE HAVE THESE PROBLEMS??????

“Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.”

Last edited by kujoking7; 08-22-2008 at 12:35 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2008, 12:39 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: A Tale of 3 Franchise Glitches/Bugs

1. That isn't a bug. You don't understand what create a team means. There's a "create your own team" option, the last one. Use it, and put the raiders on your team.

2. That is a bug, but a pretty small one all things considered.

3. Using no salary cap, you can easily do things like that. So use a salary cap, and don't be silly. Not a bug.
Old 08-22-2008, 12:44 AM   #3
Rookie

kujoking7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by notque
1. That isn't a bug. You don't understand what create a team means. There's a "create your own team" option, the last one. Use it, and put the raiders on your team.

2. That is a bug, but a pretty small one all things considered.

3. Using no salary cap, you can easily do things like that. So use a salary cap, and don't be silly. Not a bug.
yeah, but for number 1, i don't expect the players to just disappear. And i guess ur right with the other two

Old 08-22-2008, 01:23 AM   #4
Rookie

kujoking7's Arena

o and i've also got another stupid @$$ AI FA glitch...

1. Im in my Falcons franchise, just finished up a good off-season and happy with my team heading into 2009. I look on the FA's in preseason (as i usually do) and the first guys I see on there is...
TOM BRADY and CLINTON PORTIS. I look on both teams' rosters and I see that the pats stating qb is TODD COLLINS and the 'skins rb is LENDEL BETTS (not to diss betts cause he's still ok, but a step down from portis). I, of course with my favorite team (even though i think they're $h!t) pick up both of them, while releasing other guys. Now, who else is on the FA's besides those two...mmmmmmm (both off-season and pre-season), d.j. williams (95), dawan landry (88), adrian wilson (96), carlos rogers (89), PEYTON MANNING (99 wow), donavon mcnabb (92), matt hasselbeck (91), paul spicer (87), john wade (86) just to name a few. Is this a bug or is the AI just an @$$h0le to give up 90's and mid-high 80's for rookies?????

Old 08-22-2008, 01:34 AM   #5
All Star

nyisles16's Arena

OVR: 46

Closing this for now, as we have a Bugs/Glitches thread for the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »