Home

I fixed the robo QB problem

This is a discussion on I fixed the robo QB problem within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2008, 10:02 PM   #9
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: I fixed the robo QB problem

LOL!!
Old 08-22-2008, 10:19 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

I definitely believe there's some truth to what the OP is saying. The way I see it, if my Running D my skill slider is at All Madden while the Pass D is at Rookie, I'm probably not doing something right defending the pass. That's why I don't mind running faster sets (nickel, mostly) against base offensive sets - it gives extra protection against the pass. Especially against good quarterbacks.

I don't see anything particularly unrealistic about that.

Last edited by bcruise; 08-22-2008 at 10:23 PM. Reason: 4-3 is not a base offensive set. :lol:
Old 08-22-2008, 10:26 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 6

Yes if you play Quater and Dime all game the QB won't be able to do anything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2008, 10:46 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I definitely believe there's some truth to what the OP is saying. The way I see it, if my Running D my skill slider is at All Madden while the Pass D is at Rookie, I'm probably not doing something right defending the pass. That's why I don't mind running faster sets (nickel, mostly) against base offensive sets - it gives extra protection against the pass. Especially against good quarterbacks.

I don't see anything particularly unrealistic about that.
Except a realistic QB would audible the play and run it on you..
Old 08-22-2008, 11:14 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBorn1
Yes if you play Quater and Dime all game the QB won't be able to do anything.
I dont play any quarter defenses and I only call 2 dime defenses which i rarely use. I use 3-4 as my base defense and nickel over 10 yards or depending on the cpu's package. i call my games realistically and match up and play straight. If the cpu comes out in a 3 or 4 wr set than yeah im going to call nickel or dime.. that's just common sense. I'm not listing what i call because everyone plays different and i don't want people just copying what i do.... This game plays a realistic game of football and you have to call your plays accordingly. If you come out in dime and quarter all day the cpu will run all over you. If you play man in a 3-4 all day the cpu is going to burn you all day.
Old 08-22-2008, 11:21 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 1

like i was saying there is not a single defense in this game that is unbeatable. If you call the same stuff the cpu will kill you. Each defense you will see the cpu beat no matter what you call, but if mixed together and used in the right way you can cause the cpu a lot of problems passing the ball if you are calling the right d in the right situation.
Old 08-23-2008, 01:29 AM   #15
MVP

Other Guy's Arena

OVR: 15

I just played back to back games, and these were the 4 completion percentages:

Romo - 60%
Schaub - 57%
Cutler - 58%
Schaub - 66%

Just mess with the sliders, and you'll get real results. I'm not calling quarter or dollar defenses, and I only play dime if there are 4 WRs. 95% of my plays are nickel or 4-3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2008, 02:33 AM   #16
Pro

CAG CheechDogg's Arena

OVR: 10

On defense you have to try and dictate what you want the cpu to do. I try to woo the offense into turning the ball over. If I see that they are passing a lot , I will start calling some zone coverages that will make the qb pass to a certain area I am focusing on. If I have ball hawking safeties, I am going to dare the qb to pass into one of my safeties zones.

If they are running, I will let them run into a lane in which I will have one of my safeties or a LB ready for a big hit. I force a lot of fumbles that way, or even take out the starting rb for the game with an injury.

Yes, this game does take a lot of strategy if you really want to see the game play the way it should. I try to use up as much time possible to keep the ball away from their offense. This way I have the most offensive yards with the least defense yards vs my defense.

So yes, try not to call the same play in one series. Enjoy the game you guys, it plays great. Yes it does have its flaws, all video games do, but seriously take some time and actually learn the game before it starts to get tagged as broken.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »