Home

Patch #2 Priorities...

This is a discussion on Patch #2 Priorities... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 03:31 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Patch #2 Priorities...

In order of importance:

1. Stop CPU players from running out of bounds for no good reason (PastaPadre says this was addressed in the NCAA 09 patch, but I haven't gotten it yet).

2. CPU sliders

3. Field degradation

4. Something to fix how catch animations carry you out of bounds even when you're far enough away to regain your balance (this is a repeat of the Madden '07 problem).

5. Temperature controls (like we had in Madden 06, 07, and 08)

6. Adjustable camera angles.

7. Something to allow us to quickly exit highlights--at any time during the highlight--when creating them. Right now, you have to watch the entire highlight before you can switch angles.

8. Angle command that get closeups on players that score a TD whether they step into the celebration areas or not (including the CPU which is never given a
closeup when they score a TD!)

9. Toning down of mud (or most preferrably a slider) for rain games.

10. If nothing else... just #1!
Old 08-23-2008, 03:57 PM   #34
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

^^^9. Toning down of mud (or most preferrably a slider) for rain games.

LOL!!!!!!!! Got to be one of the dumbest suggestions ever!
Old 08-23-2008, 04:32 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD

First part is ok..."tone down the mud".

...but...

Second part is...well...a little out there. ("preferably a slider")
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2008, 04:40 PM   #36
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by xV3L0CiTY
First part is ok..."tone down the mud".

...but...

Second part is...well...a little out there. ("preferably a slider")
why not a slider?

other sports games have had weather sliders... hell in another game I used to be able to adjust the temperature to whatever degree I wanted as well as the amount of precipitation and combining the two, create any weather effect in between. I'd like sliders for weather and the color filters that are used (blue--green graphic tint)

choice is good

Edit:
not saying they have room for this in a patch but for 2010... yes please Ian.

Last edited by Klocker; 08-23-2008 at 04:42 PM. Reason: clarify
Old 08-23-2008, 07:10 PM   #37
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD

That was very immature .

Now, I know this might sound completely crazy to you so please forgive me for the radical nature of this concept... but there are actually--believe it or not--classy, mature, and intelligent ways to voice a differing view. To add, I've found that when a person puts in a little effort, that differing view can also have *gasp* value in it! I swear, it's true.

The fact that you sat there and formulated the message in your mind, and then posted the message never realizing the problem with it, is quite saddening. I really do feel sorry for you because I don't think you even realized. But I want you to answer the following questions for yourself: What did you hope to gain by posting that? Who did you think would find value in it in regards to this discussion? And what did it do for you personally to post the message? Did it make you feel good?

I don't recall asking for a critique on my patch fix ideas (especially #9 on a list from highest to lowest ). Just an FYI, that wasn't the idea of this thread to begin with.

Nevertheless, I strongly encourage you to keep doing exactly what you did here, because one day you may come back and find that you can't login anymore... But there is a reward in all of it, JayD. You see, while praying I was given a word from beyond that leadership is calling you to be a trailblazer for insulting posters the world over.

Just think... YOU could be a pioneer of a whole new generation of insulting posters, rising up and banning THEMSELVES by purposely and consecutively posting insults! How many people could ever be able to say they pioneered such a movement?!

I implore you to continue posting the same way you did here. There are millions of insulting posters all across the world just waiting for a chosen one to arrive on the scene and save them from themselves!

Obviously, being banned won't benefit you as a member here, but sometimes you have to do things for the greater good. Sometimes, you have to stand up as a leader among many and say "Yes, I can!"

... I believe in you JayD!

Just give it some thought, and PM when you've made a decisi--.... oh wait, you won't be able to do that...

*Ignore listed*
Old 08-23-2008, 07:25 PM   #38
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxMan1000
That was very immature .

Now, I know this might sound completely crazy to you so please forgive me for the radical nature of this concept... but there are actually--believe it or not--classy, mature, and intelligent ways to voice a differing view. To add, I've found that when a person puts in a little effort, that differing view can also have *gasp* value in it! I swear, it's true.

The fact that you sat there and formulated the message in your mind, and then posted the message never realizing the problem with it, is quite saddening. I really do feel sorry for you because I don't think you even realized. But I want you to answer the following questions for yourself: What did you hope to gain by posting that? Who did you think would find value in it in regards to this discussion? And what did it do for you personally to post the message? Did it make you feel good?

I don't recall asking for a critique on my patch fix ideas (especially #9 on a list from highest to lowest ). Just an FYI, that wasn't the idea of this thread to begin with.

Nevertheless, I strongly encourage you to keep doing exactly what you did here, because one day you may come back and find that you can't login anymore... But there is a reward in all of it, JayD. You see, while praying I was given a word from beyond that leadership is calling you to be a trailblazer for insulting posters the world over.

Just think... YOU could be a pioneer of a whole new generation of insulting posters, rising up and banning THEMSELVES by purposely and consecutively posting insults! How many people could ever be able to say they pioneered such a movement?!

I implore you to continue posting the same way you did here. There are millions of insulting posters all across the world just waiting for a chosen one to arrive on the scene and save them from themselves!

Obviously, being banned won't benefit you as a member here, but sometimes you have to do things for the greater good. Sometimes, you have to stand up as a leader among many and say "Yes, I can!"

... I believe in you JayD!

Just give it some thought, and PM when you've made a decisi--.... oh wait, you won't be able to do that...

*Ignore listed*
You could have done that through a PM. To be honest, you're no better than he is.

Anyway, like in my earlier post I still think the biggest issues are Robo QB, fatigue and the freezing issues others are running in to.
Old 08-23-2008, 07:28 PM   #39
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klocker
why not a slider?

other sports games have had weather sliders... hell in another game I used to be able to adjust the temperature to whatever degree I wanted as well as the amount of precipitation and combining the two, create any weather effect in between. I'd like sliders for weather and the color filters that are used (blue--green graphic tint)

choice is good
Thank you.

Whether it's a slider or simply options to set the level to whatever you want, it's definitely needed. It's hard to argue against the fact that the mud is over done. It gets to the point that you can't even identify who is on what team because the mud covers the players so much. Looks cool though, but it's frustrating when you can't be sure who your guy is.
Old 08-23-2008, 07:32 PM   #40
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBorn1
You could have done that through a PM. To be honest, you're no better than he is.
You're wrong, because I made light of the situation without insulting him. I'm also not asking for your critique on how I handle things. However, if you'd like to do so, PM the staff and become a mod. Until then, please don't concern yourself with how I respond to insults.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »