Home

Will He Ever Miss?

This is a discussion on Will He Ever Miss? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2008, 01:16 AM   #25
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: Will He Ever Miss?

I really don't mean for this to sound mean...

But maybe you need to, I don't know, work on your defense?

I've never had a CPU QB come close to those numbers, and I've played almost 30 full games at a higher IQ and well, I've never had a QB go above 82%, and other than an 82% by Peyton, no one else has been over 80.

Don't know what to tell you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2008, 04:41 AM   #26
Rookie

larma's Arena

OVR: 9

If it's that bad then play around with the sliders, lower your pass defense. I have yet to see the robo qb in my game, granted my IQ is only about 530. Sometimes the qb seems unstoppable when they're down but I've still managed to shut their offense. The biggest completion % (not counting the first few games since I sucked in the beginning) I've seen is 74 by Brady and even that has many passes for a short gain.

Old 08-23-2008, 06:07 AM   #27
All Star

OVR: 33

All-Madden is evidently too hard, I suggest playing on rookie.

People complaining about robo qb , I think, are just playing out of their depth. Defense requires a lot of stick skill. play with the MyIQ setting which will make pass defense easier, and keep the rest hard.
Old 08-23-2008, 06:14 AM   #28
Pro

OVR: 6

Now the CPU has shredded me a couple of times but never that badly.
Old 08-23-2008, 09:09 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 5

Use some custom sliders they work very well, Heelfan's or NJPapi's. Both are good IMO.
Old 08-23-2008, 09:21 AM   #30
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20

what I meant is offline is broken. the cpu qb does not play smart and the only way they made up for it is robo qb. like i said, if you run cover 4 all game, he'll throw right in to it lol. EA has been neglecting offline for years. It's just not playable enough to warrant a purchase if you're not online.
Old 08-23-2008, 09:26 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 8

The issue is even with a defense comprised of kids from middle school the QB should not be that accurate. Even in a practice session QB's will throw the ball high and low and just make bad throws.

QB's make bad throws at times and that is not being reflected in the game. Each game there are at least 3-5 throws the QB makes that are off either under or over thrown or thrown to high or to low.

Even if NO defense on the field this would happen with a realistic QB accuracy rating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2008, 09:48 AM   #32
MVP

OVR: 13

I have found a handful of ways to shutdown the computer passing game. Mixing zone and man coverages, show blitz when there is none, use the coverage audible and "adjust man," and manually stunt a defensive lineman.

McNabb only threw for 210 yards against my defense the last game I played, at about 54%. It was very realistic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »