Home

2010 should be the best Madden ever...

This is a discussion on 2010 should be the best Madden ever... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2008, 09:30 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: 2010 should be the best Madden ever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvaccaro
breaking tackles has nothing to do with who can press buttons faster at all. the system does use the players attributes, but at the users command! thankfully EA will not remove this, since it's the best part of '09.

Madden 09 does so use the fastest on the buttons. Whoever can shake the stick fast or be the quickest.

If your on offence while running, all you do is flick your stick either jukin or truckin or the spin button, thats how you break tackles. Timing and speed matters while doin this.

Why do you think you see guys running thru piles jukin and shakin around, breakin tackles. If you try running without doin so, your way more likely to be taken down.

EDIT: Damnit i deleted my last post and meant to edit.

Last edited by MaddenDynamite; 08-24-2008 at 09:35 PM.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:45 PM   #34
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenDynamite
Madden 09 does so use the fastest on the buttons. Whoever can shake the stick fast or be the quickest.

If your on offence while running, all you do is flick your stick either jukin or truckin or the spin button, thats how you break tackles. Timing and speed matters while doin this.

Why do you think you see guys running thru piles jukin and shakin around, breakin tackles. If you try running without doin so, your way more likely to be taken down.

EDIT: Damnit i deleted my last post and meant to edit.
I've got to disagree. Yes, the moves are gonna be influenced by your reactions with the stick, but the success is based on the ratings in the catagories (to test this, try to juke out a guy using the aged Shaun Alexander vice an Adrian Peterson). It's the perfect balance, IMO. What's the point of playing the game if everything is based solely on ratings? There's a very good game for that-NFL Head Coach (and I mean that...a VERY good game). This is the first year they got that aspect right, IMO. You actually have some control over when and how you break tackles, instead of waiting to see some funky animation. This is something that needs tweaked (I'd love to see it branched out into a real "struggle" system between the defender and ball carrier...maybe have an option to flail out a hand while falling to the ground after being stiff armed or whatever), but it's an excellent system and a foundation for more realistic gameplay.
Old 08-25-2008, 11:19 AM   #35
Banned

OVR: 25

if Madden 2010 somehow incorporated a Franchise worthy of Head Coach '09...

I would be in bliss

ALAS, I know better..

-sigh- Madden shouldnt just be an arcade game.. where everyone just picks game now and plays that.. we need mroe substance!

I'd wager to say a lot of Madden's growth comes because of Franchise gamers

but Franchise is where this series has been lacking for a long while now
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2008, 11:26 AM   #36
Banned

OVR: 6

every year around this time people start looking forward to the new madden

i dont compare past maddens to eachother, theyre all the same year in & out

i compare it to nfl 2k5, which IS the standard by which football games are compared to
Old 08-25-2008, 03:56 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRSD
every year around this time people start looking forward to the new madden

i dont compare past maddens to eachother, theyre all the same year in & out

i compare it to nfl 2k5, which IS the standard by which football games are compared to
Exactly.

How about the madden dev team actually incorporates logical pass blocking. How many years does this have to go on before it gets fixed? IMO if they actually fixed the pass blocking/line play the game would be 1000000000 times better. Oh and the super LB and DBs who can pick off passes that they never should get.
Old 08-28-2008, 07:05 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
I've got to disagree. Yes, the moves are gonna be influenced by your reactions with the stick, but the success is based on the ratings in the catagories (to test this, try to juke out a guy using the aged Shaun Alexander vice an Adrian Peterson). It's the perfect balance, IMO. What's the point of playing the game if everything is based solely on ratings? There's a very good game for that-NFL Head Coach (and I mean that...a VERY good game). This is the first year they got that aspect right, IMO. You actually have some control over when and how you break tackles, instead of waiting to see some funky animation. This is something that needs tweaked (I'd love to see it branched out into a real "struggle" system between the defender and ball carrier...maybe have an option to flail out a hand while falling to the ground after being stiff armed or whatever), but it's an excellent system and a foundation for more realistic gameplay.

No, your missing the point here. Breaking tackles is done by pressing the special moves buttons, almost like NFL 2K5. Different sequences produce different results.

Even the Madden Tip things say you can break tackles by pressing special moves buttons.

This has been tried out by many people and it works........way to well. Guys break thru 6 tacklers just by goin crazy on their buttons.
Old 08-28-2008, 07:12 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 24

Eh.........Madden 10 will remove more good features to make room to implement "new" stuff.....it'll never change.
Old 08-28-2008, 07:18 PM   #40
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenDynamite
No, your missing the point here. Breaking tackles is done by pressing the special moves buttons, almost like NFL 2K5. Different sequences produce different results.

Even the Madden Tip things say you can break tackles by pressing special moves buttons.

This has been tried out by many people and it works........way to well. Guys break thru 6 tacklers just by goin crazy on their buttons.
Well tell those guys to stop playing on rookie.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »