Home

POST if your Franchise is freezing (Please read thread rules before posting)

This is a discussion on POST if your Franchise is freezing (Please read thread rules before posting) within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
ESBC Roster - The Best We've Ever Seen in a Boxing Game?
PES 2021 Team Spirit Guide - Understand Chemistry on a New Level
MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Budget Beasts
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 08-24-2008, 04:33 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: POST if your Franchise is freezing (Please read thread rules before posting)

Did you import any draft classes? If so, did you use the named NCAA file that was known to be corrupt? no

Are you using updated rosters? yes, zero player editing including CPU generated draftees.

Did you do a fantasy draft? no

What team(s) are you using? Chargers

Where in the mode is it freezing - i.e. what screen exactly? It started freezing in my 3rd year, week 6 of my franchise i trained one player, saved, then went to train another player and it froze in the load screen for the training drill and continues to freeze everytime i try to manually train my players.

Do you have a save file where you can load it up and get the game to freeze every time? yes

Can the freeze be avoided, or is your Franchise stuck? I.e. can you advance? yes it can be avoided. No, my franchise is not stuck. It only freezes when i go to manually train, if i sim training it doesn't freeze.

A few other things, i always put in my backups to oppose me when i manually train. I train the same 3 players all 4 weeks of preseason and for the first 5 weeks of regular season. I also train during the week of the Superbowl. I sim the Pro-Bowl and all roster decisions are set to User.

Last edited by u4got2wipe; 08-24-2008 at 04:36 PM.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:09 PM   #10
Banned

Re: POST if your Franchise is freezing (Please read thread rules before posting)

- Did you import any draft classes? If so, did you use the named NCAA file that was known to be corrupt? - No

- Are you using updated rosters? - Yes

- Did you do a fantasy draft? - No

- What team(s) are you using? - A created team, the "Minnesota Bandits' I replaced the Chiefs.

- Where in the mode is it freezing - i.e. what screen exactly? - It started out only freezing when it was loading to train players, now it freezes whenever I tried to simulate a week, game, etc.

- Do you have a save file where you can load it up and get the game to freeze every time? - Yes, whenever I try simulating a game it freezes.

- Can the freeze be avoided, or is your Franchise stuck? I.e. can you advance? - I am stuck

- Additional Info - It would freeze if I tried to train players week 7, and then I could no longer simulate after week 9. I have tried new franchises with real teams, and they work perfectly fine. There was also one time (in week 9) that it froze when I tried to save it.

Thanks for your time!
Old 08-24-2008, 09:33 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

It froze like crazy in my 2nd year, and after I started disconnecting from playstation network in year 3, I got through 16 weeks without a freeze before it starting again week 17. now it's starting up again.
-i have imported 3 draft classes so far, and used the names "2008", "2009", and "2010"
-i'm using jets with release day roster update and a few manual updates(pennington to phins, etc)
-it freezes when i sim and go to save, when i click L3, it saves my profile, but when it comes to saving franchise it just freezes
-it's erractic when it wants to advance, sometimes it will, sometimes it won't.

Last edited by skatepro56; 08-24-2008 at 09:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2008, 09:49 PM   #12
Wolverine Soldier

Jackdog's Arena

OVR: 37

PS3

- Did you import any draft classes? No
- Are you using updated rosters? No
- Did you do a fantasy draft? No
- What team(s) are you using? Packers
- Where in the mode is it freezing - i.e. what screen exactly? Franchise,attempting to train players.
- Do you have a save file where you can load it up and get the game to freeze every time?No
- Can the freeze be avoided, or is your Franchise stuck? Not that I know of.
- I.e. can you advance? I could not.
- Etc. etc....I rented the game and decided not to buy it because of this problem.

Thanks for asking.
NCAA:Michigan Wolverines/Air Force Falcons.
Old 08-24-2008, 10:40 PM   #13
Rookie

Thumbs down Re: POST if your Franchise is freezing (Please read thread rules before posting)

- Did you import any draft classes? If so, did you use the named NCAA file that was known to be corrupt? Didn't import any draft classes.
- Are you using updated rosters? Updated as soon as I started game up for the first time.
- Did you do a fantasy draft? Nope.
- What team(s) are you using? All 32.
- Where in the mode is it freezing - i.e. what screen exactly? Everything worked perfectly until season 3. I didn't train a single player, not even once. I would play 4 or 5 games in a row, no freezing at all. I then got through the preseason of 3rd year, saved, and prepared for the regular season. There were no games I wanted to play in week 1, so I attempted to simulate the week. It froze, for the first time since I'd bought the game. I reloaded, and went through and simmed each game one by one, which worked. I then attempted to save, which caused it to freeze. Now no matter what I do, whether I sim each game one by one (trying to sim any more than one at a time causes a freeze), or play games (which still works), it is completely impossible for me to save. As soon as i click save franchise, it freezes. Clicking the left stick does the same thing.
- Do you have a save file where you can load it up and get the game to freeze every time? Yep. Any time I try to save or sim more than one game at a time, it freezes. Like clockwork.
- Can the freeze be avoided, or is your Franchise stuck? I.e. can you advance? Well, technically I can continue, as I can still play games and sim them one at a time, but what is the point? I can't save, which effectively renders the franchise useless.
- Etc. etc. One of the common things that caused my franchises to freeze in 08 was lack of free agents in the pool. That cannot be the case this time. Since I am in charge of the rosters of every team, I made sure that there were plenty of players at each position in free agency. I also did not train a single player the entire time, which many people are claiming to be the cause of the freezing.

Last edited by TJdaSportsGuy; 08-25-2008 at 07:14 AM.
Old 08-24-2008, 11:14 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

- Did you import any draft classes? NO
- Are you using updated rosters?NO
- Did you do a fantasy draft?NO
- What team(s) are you using? Titans
- Where in the mode is it freezing - i.e. what screen exactly? Training, schedule, player management and in game at play selection.
- Do you have a save file where you can load it up and get the game to freeze every time? Yes
- Can the freeze be avoided, or is your Franchise stuck? No can't be avoided and no not stuck.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:34 AM   #15
Pro

OVR: 0

- Did you import any draft classes? If so, did you use the named NCAA file that was known to be corrupt? Yes...but I doubt this effects it. Had this problem in just about every recent madden up to date

- Are you using updated rosters?
Yes

- What team(s) are you using? Bengals

- Where in the mode is it freezing - i.e. what screen exactly?
When I sim games, before training, and when I leave franchise

- Do you have a save file where you can load it up and get the game to freeze every time? Yes.

- Can the freeze be avoided, or is your Franchise stuck? I.e. can you advance? No..I cannot advance.

ps i hope this is fixed. Ive been experiencing this problem for years now.
There is NOTHING HUMANLY POSSIBLE that YOU can do to STOP ME.That is WHY they call ME UNCOVERABLE #85
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2008, 09:21 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankido
- Did you import any draft classes? If so, did you use the named NCAA file that was known to be corrupt? Did not import draft class
- Are you using updated rosters? Yes
- What team(s) are you using? Chicago Bears
- Where in the mode is it freezing - i.e. what screen exactly? Picking a play 1st pre season of the game 4th quarter 2 minutes remaining in the game.
- Do you have a save file where you can load it up and get the game to freeze every time? No
- Can the freeze be avoided, or is your Franchise stuck? I.e. can you advance? Gamestopper can't advance unless I shut down the 360
- Etc. etc.

I'm using the collectors edition which is very slow and the menu is laggy compared to the original version. I always freeze up during the first game of the pre season I can never play franchise mode. NBA Live doesn't freeze and other non EA titles don't freeze. I can rule out being an EA problem from the disc.
This is an in-game freeze. Not a Franchise freeze.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »