Home

POST if your Franchise is freezing (Please read thread rules before posting)

This is a discussion on POST if your Franchise is freezing (Please read thread rules before posting) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2008, 10:18 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: POST if your Franchise is freezing (Please read thread rules before posting)

- Did you import any draft classes? If so, did you use the named NCAA file that was known to be corrupt?
Yes, I imported draft classes taken from the NCAA roster file that Pasta Padre originally posted on his site.

- Are you using updated rosters?
Yep, the most updated ones available. I did some mild editing of that roster file myself, including putting John Lynch on the Pats, Pennington on the Dolphins, etc. No ratings or jersey numbers were edited prior to starting.

- Did you do a fantasy draft?
Nope.

- What team(s) are you using?
Buffalo Bills

- Where in the mode is it freezing - i.e. what screen exactly?
Year 3 of my franchise, at several different points. It can happen while simming the CPU games, one by one. It's happened on the loading screen for my first game of Year 3. And it almost always happens while trying to save my Franchise file, either by quick saving or by going into the menu to save it.

- Do you have a save file where you can load it up and get the game to freeze every time?
Yep.

- Can the freeze be avoided, or is your Franchise stuck? I.e. can you advance?
I can quick sim the entire week just fine but it will NOT let me play my game.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:18 AM   #18
Rookie

mightyrx's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: POST if your Franchise is freezing (Please read thread rules before posting)

PS3
Franchise-year one
- Did you import any draft classes? No
- Are you using updated rosters? Yes, the EA roster with changes
- Did you do a fantasy draft? No
- What team(s) are you using? Miami Dolphins
- Where in the mode is it freezing - i.e. what screen exactly? When saving franchise and after the game when transitioning to virtual trainer
- Do you have a save file where you can load it up and get the game to freeze every time? No
- Can the freeze be avoided, or is your Franchise stuck? I.e. can you advance? Yes, it can be avoided but it's happened several times
Making up Evidence Depending on Information Available

Last edited by mightyrx; 08-25-2008 at 10:23 AM.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:25 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 7

- Did you import any draft classes? If so, did you use the named NCAA file that was known to be corrupt?
yes

yes, the first update after purchasing the game.

no

Baltimore Ravens only

its pretty random actually, in menu screens, trying to load the draft class (2011 class), right after the superbowl, ( i just won it, and it locked DANG!) usually any place, even when i loose connectivity with EA servers as well.

- Do you have a save file where you can load it up and get the game to freeze every time?
yes, but again, its real random in time and place. usually not in the same place.

I can advance after reset, but I save every chance and every change just to make sure. Im going to try to save to memory card to see if that helped.

after one lock up. i put in NCAA and again, after disconnect from server.. game locked. hmmm..

Sounds to me like it may be a connectivity issue w/ ea servers. I get constant disconnects during games and in frachise mode. also it appears that menu selections and interactivity with the game decreases once there is a server disconnect. just my 2 cents.. thanks

Last edited by Computalover; 08-25-2008 at 10:29 AM. Reason: more info
Old 08-25-2008, 11:46 AM   #20
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Yes, but did not use the corrupt file.

Yes, the most up to date ones that were available from the EA servers. I did make some minor changes to the roster like Lynch to the Pats, Pennington to the 'Fins, Neal to the Ravens.

No.

Seahawks

Year 3 of franchise, in a few different places. I had it happen while trying to sim cpu games one by one. It happened when I selected the option to play my game and it immediately froze. It also happened on the loading screen after I had selected the option to play my week 1 game. I've also had it happen when trying to save my game in season 3 either through quick save or from the franchise menu save option but have also been able to save it fine on some occasions as well, it seems completely random.

It still seems fairly random but I can get it to freeze pretty consistently.

I can sim past the entire week but I can't play my team's game, which is what I want to do.

Last edited by bad_philanthropy; 08-25-2008 at 11:53 AM.
Old 08-25-2008, 02:10 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1
Icon10 Re: POST if your Franchise is freezing (Please read thread rules before posting)

If this is happening to you - please post with as many details as possible.
  • Did you import any draft classes? If so, did you use the named NCAA file that was known to be corrupt? Yes, I imported a draft class in each of my first two franchise seasons. They were not corrupt to my knowledge.

• Are you using updated rosters? Not to my knowledge which is to say that I haven’t connected to the EA Servers to download the roster update.

• Did you do a fantasy draft? No.
  • What team(s) are you using? The GPackers.
  • Where in the mode is it freezing - i.e. what screen exactly? When I go to train my players for the week. It doesn’t matter if I choose one, two, or three players, it freezes every time at the load screen.
  • Do you have a save file where you can load it up and get the game to freeze every time? If I try to train any players, it happens every time.
  • Can the freeze be avoided, or is your Franchise stuck? I.e. can you advance? The freezing started in the third game of my 2nd year preseason. Since then I have skipped training every week and have had no problems completing my second season and starting my third (no games played yet in third season).
That's it for me, other than that issue, I love the game.

Last edited by TJdaSportsGuy; 08-25-2008 at 04:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2008, 02:46 PM   #22
Rookie

• Did you import any draft classes? If so, did you use the named NCAA file that was known to be corrupt? Nope
  • Are you using updated rosters? Only the updated rosters from EA
  • Did you do a fantasy draft? No.
  • What team(s) are you using? Chiefs
  • Where in the mode is it freezing - i.e. what screen exactly? After I finish my first game on load... during the second game it freezes.
  • Do you have a save file where you can load it up and get the game to freeze every time? Sure I just need to play one full game... then the second it will freeze.
  • Can the freeze be avoided, or is your Franchise stuck? I.e. can you advance? Yes if I play... save ... restart my xbox.

Last edited by TJdaSportsGuy; 08-25-2008 at 04:35 PM.
Old 08-25-2008, 05:19 PM   #23
Rookie

smonee's Arena

OVR: 4

- Did you import any draft classes? yes
If so, did you use the named NCAA file that was known to be corrupt? no
- Are you using updated rosters? yes
- Did you do a fantasy draft? no
- What team(s) are you using? Bucs/lions
- Where in the mode is it freezing - i.e. what screen exactly? while the training camps are loading, when i try to quick save and regular save, and siming games
- Do you have a save file where you can load it up and get the game to freeze every time? i re-loaded my bucs fran 9 times and finally it didnt freeze, but i played my next game and after the game was over i simmed the rest of the week and it froze right away.
- Can the freeze be avoided, or is your Franchise stuck? I.e. can you advance? re-loading over and over again, it will work for a short while. It will end up freezing via training camp, sim, or saving. (you may super sim every game, thats the only way to advance to the next week).

Thanks Ian - Shawn
Old 08-25-2008, 07:10 PM   #24
Rookie

I'm playing on 360, if that helps.

Every draft class I've done was imported, but no the second question.
No
The first franchise that I did, no. I deleted it and started another franchise with a Fnatasy Draft. Four years into this Franchise, it is happening again.
Kansas City the first time, Seattle this time.
While trying to sim preseason games in both instances, and sometimes during the loading screen for player training, which I end up having to sim.
I still have the second franchise save in which this is occurring. I deleted the first save.
The Training freeze can be avoided, but it is extremely annoying. I can't work around this freeze, which is exponentially more annoying than the training freeze.
- Etc. etc.
In the second half of my second season and the entirety of my third season, the game would freeze up during training at the loading screen, usually after six or so seconds. At the beginning of my fourth season, I was finally able to train my players again. I tried simming and now it freezes every time a game is simmed.

Last edited by SoonerSandie; 08-25-2008 at 07:13 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »