Home

POST if your Franchise is freezing (Please read thread rules before posting)

This is a discussion on POST if your Franchise is freezing (Please read thread rules before posting) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2008, 01:46 PM   #49
Go Wings!

OVR: 41
Re: POST if your Franchise is freezing (Please read thread rules before posting)

FYI everyone, there's a post about Patch 2 stickied and it says they fixed the freezing bug and are delaying the patch a few days to get this in, so it'll be fixed when that goes out!
Old 09-06-2008, 11:46 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: POST if your Franchise is freezing (Please read thread rules before posting)

- Did you import any draft classes? If so, did you use the named NCAA file that was known to be corrupt? - No

- Are you using updated rosters? - No

- Did you do a fantasy draft? - No

- What team(s) are you using? - Giants

- Where in the mode is it freezing - i.e. what screen exactly? - 1.It started freezing in year 1 with games freezing, 2. then moved to training players which can be avoided by simulating in year 2, 3. then moved to game saves, 4. and then moved to edit players. I could play 2 to 3 games before it freezes but i would save the game after every win and then simulate the week and it would freeze up on me.

- Do you have a save file where you can load it up and get the game to freeze every time? - Yes

- Can the freeze be avoided, or is your Franchise stuck? I.e. can you advance? - I can advance, but play 2 to 3 games at a time if im lucky, but it freezes every time i try to simulate the week but the game would be saved after winning the game. I would have to restart the franchise mode and then simulate the week to advance.

- Additional Info - If i add a new player to my roster and edit his equipment i would only be able to save him after i play a game. In the first year there were only two freezes and that was only during the games being played, but year two thats where the freezes started coming more. Offseason was fine no problems. Games freezes can be avoided but not all the time.

Thanks for your time!

Jason Disbrow
Old 09-09-2008, 10:06 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 3

- Did you import any draft classes? If so, did you use the named NCAA file that was known to be corrupt? Yes, i did import a draft class, but it wasnt known as corrupt.
- Are you using updated rosters? i used the first roster update
- Did you do a fantasy draft? no.
- What team(s) are you using? 49ers
- Where in the mode is it freezing - i.e. what screen exactly? Simming Pre-season during my second season. Most frequently when the CPU teams are signing players onto the rosters. i.e: 'Lions sign Tom Brady'
- Do you have a save file where you can load it up and get the game to freeze every time? Yes.
- Can the freeze be avoided, or is your Franchise stuck? I.e. can you advance? No.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2008, 10:34 PM   #52
MVP

Garrett67's Arena

OVR: 20

Ok, I will add my 2 cents here.

I bought the game for PS3 on the release date but was holding off to start a Franchise until the 2nd patch.

Well today, I decided to try out franchise mode just to see some of the options.

Here is exactly what I did.

Started the mode

Selected my Team (Lions)
Went to preseason game one (Lions vs Colts)
Did the training thing with QB, OL, WR (in that order).

I selected unlimited Rewinds (I use them to erase the play when the CPU does the run out of bounds animation, or if a glitch affects the game in some way).

Started the game, I won the toss.
I elected to receive and after my return, I decided that I was
going to use 'Ask Madden' for the entire game and my first play
was a run to the left.

I didn't do anything special after this,
the play call screen came up and the screen froze on the 2nd play from scrimmage..

I could still hear the game in the background, I could then hear the clock beeping down and I got a delay of game penalty, but I couldn't get out of the play call screen.

I had to power off the PS3 to reset.

So, it looks like I'm waiting for the patch afterall.
Old 09-11-2008, 11:29 AM   #53
Rookie

actually, something i noticed was that it would ALWAYS freeze simulating in franchise after i edited a player. After i edited a player on my team, (majority of the time it was a rookie from the draft class) i would 'sim to this game' and then it would freeze up. i tried this out about 5 times and it froze just about every time after editing a player. Hopefully this might help you out a little Ian..

Last edited by emceegrendel; 09-11-2008 at 11:31 AM.
Old 09-14-2008, 09:29 PM   #54
Rookie

I have Madden 09 for PS3. I'm glad to see that XBOX 360 users are suffering from the same issues I am because that means it's an issue with the software and not a hardware issue.

I mostly play franchise mode and online once in a while. While I think Madden 09 is a good game. I'm very disappointed with the stability problems in franchise mode.

I have posted the details of my crashes below for EA. I'd be happy to provide my franchise file as well if it would be helpful.

---------------------------
- Did you import any draft classes? If so, did you use the named NCAA file that was known to be corrupt? No.

- Are you using updated rosters?No. I edited one player -- changed Shawn Andrews position from RG to RT.

- Did you do a fantasy draft?No.

- What team(s) are you using? Philadelphia Eagles

- Where in the mode is it freezing - i.e. what screen exactly?
Anytime I try to train players, the game freezes before the training loads - during the Madden facts screen. Early in the franchise, I was able to train players, but now in my fourth season it no longer works. Lately the franchise has started freezing when I try to save. I am now unable to save the game and am completely stuck. The freezes have become more frequent lately.

- Do you have a save file where you can load it up and get the game to freeze every time? Yes.

- Can the freeze be avoided, or is your Franchise stuck? I.e. can you advance? For a while I could work around it, but now my franchise will no longer save from Quick Save or the Franchise Menu.

- Etc. etc. FYI...I had the same issue with the training games crashing in Madden 08 franchise mode. I was pleased to see that the training actually worked in Madden 09 but now the crashes are worse than they were in Madden 08.
Old 11-21-2009, 05:44 PM   #55
Rookie

Nice to meet all of you

Hey! Thanx for this beautiful place of the Inet!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2009, 08:45 AM   #56
Rookie

- Did you import any draft classes? No draft classes imported
- Are you using updated rosters? The last rosters before the 11/20 update.
- Did you do a fantasy draft? No
- What team(s) are you using? Dallas Cowboys
- Where in the mode is it freezing - i.e. what screen exactly? The Main screen with all of the News, Team, Coaching Options, etc… I was about to play the Patriots after defeating the Seahawks, I believe in yr 4.
- Do you have a save file where you can load it up and get the game to freeze every time? Yes
- Can the freeze be avoided, or is your Franchise stuck? I.e. can you advance? It is definitely stuck and I can not advance. I believe it was like the 14th game of the season too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »