Home

No Unified User Stats? Ridiculous!!!

This is a discussion on No Unified User Stats? Ridiculous!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2008, 07:21 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
No Unified User Stats? Ridiculous!!!

I know EA guys come on here, so I have to get an answer...PLEASE...How is it possible that there was no unified user stat section included? How come I have to look at imaginary rings, that took time and effort to create, but can't look at my overall wins and losses, see my avg yds per game, both passing and rushing? How is there no section for me to see my efficiency on 3rd and 4th down?

Why would this kind of simple thing not be included in a flagship franchise, and I have it in NCAA? I'm sure some people like the rings, and I wouldn't dare think I'd be as irritated by them if there was a section for me to see my unified user stats...I can look at trophies that are meaningless...But I can't look at my overall passer rating...What gives?

I don't mean to sound hostile, but I can't help but be annoyed at what was either arrogance, or just the Madden teams overthinking this simple thing. Any sportsgame created in the last decade has included this kind of thing...Even if there wasn't the depth of conversions, down efficiency and the like, stuff like a user W/L screen seems like a pretty obvious thing.

If there is some kind of simple thing I'm overlooking (although I've searched high and low through every menu) please tell me. I don't want to go from card to card and add my wins and losses...And I could care less about the rings...Football and baseball are games built on statistics and numbers...How could such a simple, yet important thing like a unified user stats section not be included? I really like the game, but there is really no excuse for not including it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2008, 07:57 PM   #2
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: No Unified User Stats? Ridiculous!!!

I have to agree. The overall user stat layout/tracking is junk compared to just about every other sports game in recent memory. On top of that - the little they tried to do is an utter mess navigating. Showroom = ****room
Old 08-24-2008, 08:03 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

x2.

I've never liked the whole ring thing from the get go. I like NCAA's set-up much better as far as stat tracking goes.
Old 08-24-2008, 08:13 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnin0
I have to agree. The overall user stat layout/tracking is junk compared to just about every other sports game in recent memory. On top of that - the little they tried to do is an utter mess navigating. Showroom = ****room
The showcase shows off tons of insignificance, and annoys me everytime I load Madden up. The first thing I see after the title screen are those dopey good for nothing rings...I'm glad someone else hates it. But I'd really love a reason why they felt that it wasn't something important enough to include, and instead gave us something worthless.
Old 08-24-2008, 08:49 PM   #5
MVP

Mjphillips's Arena

OVR: 10

I thought I was the only one. I was pissed beyond belief when I couldn't bring up the stats between me and my friends. Madden 09 and no user stats?!?!?!?!?!?! WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2008, 08:53 PM   #6
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

Wait, so you guys aren't loving this incredibly innovative ring builder feature?

Old 08-24-2008, 09:08 PM   #7
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
Wait, so you guys aren't loving this incredibly innovative ring builder feature?

hell yeah! Thats the only reason I bought Madden this year
Old 08-24-2008, 10:22 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

It is almost like EA is trying to be so cute and innovative that they forget (or lose sight of or don't care) about the core features.

I cannot believe that a litany of beta testers would not see a problem with no comprehensive user stats. But hey dem rings sure are purdy.../vomit

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »