Home

We need to rethink what is considered good Pass defense...

This is a discussion on We need to rethink what is considered good Pass defense... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2008, 03:31 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: We need to rethink what is considered good Pass defense...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Obvious
its all about the animations. always has been. they need to MO-CAP real players for every position. i mean EA has the money to do so, why the hell not? we are all tired of seeing lbs and dbs jump 10 feet in the air in full stride to knock down what would of been a beautiful over the shoulder catch.

thats why we get no pocket either, the animations are poor and because of the suction blocking, its pathetic. this really needs to be addressed next year but it most likeley wont because i doubt EA sees this as a problem and would be to lazy to overhaul the engine.
exactly. The madden guys simply do not care because they know that every year, there will be the millions who buy the game and then a high % of those who buy it will complain only to buy it the year after that.

I do not blame them for this- it is a smart business move. However, it is incredibly lame and shows they do not care about releasing as good a product as they can.

It is funny GTA4 can come out and while it has some issues they are minor in scale compared to madden yet there is every madden game for the last 289562894 years with the same issues AND most issues from past GTA games have been fixed for GTA4...and that was the first next gen GTA. Imagine the next one and how the issues should be corrected yet there is Madden on the 4th next gen release and bam, nothing has truly changed.

Another example is Rock Band...it has some issues but it sure sounds like they will be fixed for RB2. Again, why then can't the madden guys fix stuff that has been there for YEARS?

It really comes down to people taking pride in their work (like rockstar and harmonix do) and not being lazy.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:39 PM   #10
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Better games = better sales. There is always pressure to improve the product which is why EA does care. You don't think the guys working on the game love football or want to make the best game possible? These insinuations are ridiculous. If you don't like the game then fine. Every game has its problems and will never please everyone. But these producers do care and there is effort despite what the armchair quarterbacks are saying.

Look at the NCAA sales figures. They are largely stagnant on the 360 from last year despite a growing userbase. That's not a good sign for future growth and possibly a sign that people are unhappy with the product. EA needs to make money to satisfy shareholders and improving the game => more money => happy shareholders. There are many reasons for EA to work hard to make the game better.
Old 08-25-2008, 09:47 PM   #11
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23

I see guys beat corners in Madden all the time. Like on any slant where my corner lines up on the outside of the receiver. Or how about when he tries to 'bump' but instead just stands there and lets the receiver get a big head start. How how about when my corner goes 15 yards out of his way to avoid another player. Or when he stands in the center of his zone and lets guys freely wonder in and out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2008, 11:03 PM   #12
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnin0
I see guys beat corners in Madden all the time. Like on any slant where my corner lines up on the outside of the receiver. Or how about when he tries to 'bump' but instead just stands there and lets the receiver get a big head start. How how about when my corner goes 15 yards out of his way to avoid another player. Or when he stands in the center of his zone and lets guys freely wonder in and out.
Its not about beating corners its about how the defender plays the WR...
Old 08-26-2008, 02:59 AM   #13
Rookie

kyser01's Arena

OVR: 2

totally agree with you bigtig. Dbs are taught to catch up if beaten. What does it matter if the db looks back for the ball if he is 5 yards behind the wr. And is about how they play the wr's. The db's just run with the wr then magically jump 12 ft in the air and swat the ball down eveytime. Db's dont do this in real life cause if they jump in the air and miss the ball, while they are coming down the wr has caught the ball and is gone. They play the wr's and they may put their hand up to hope they get a deflection but thats it. Champ Bailey never has a lot of picks but he doesnt get oicked on alot cause he is rarely out of position. thats the key to pass defense. Picks are misleading.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »