Home

Ways to improve Superstar mode

This is a discussion on Ways to improve Superstar mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2008, 04:05 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Ways to improve Superstar mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
If EA does keep SS mode (personally I don't care if they scrap it and I would hope they overhaul franchise mode instead), one thing they should do is to give us the option of using the regular Madden camera view instead of that crappy semi first person view. I think it would be a lot better that way.
It's funny that EA kind of took pot shots at 2ks "first person football" but then took steps to sort of recreate that feeling in stupid star mode...

I'd scrap it and focus soley on franchise mode and bring the pitiful online leagues into their own.
Old 09-02-2008, 05:16 PM   #10
Rookie

Kingfish's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Zoan
Are you nuts? Franhicse mode done away with? Yeh head coach has better franchise features but I actually want to play the game and not just call plays and setup my team. I understand its your opinion but it is just asinine. On the other hand, superstar does need new improvements and some fixes as well. If you play as a ss qb, your RB will be the biggest ******* ever. He never runs in the direction of the play and just jukes around in the backfield like a moron.
One word...sarcasm!

/whisper; the post two above mine

And asinine? Really?
Old 09-02-2008, 05:22 PM   #11
Rookie

Kingfish's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroehmerbasebal
They should have mini-game drills to do in between games or practices. Have Marshall Faulk or a different HOF in the game helping you out, showing you tips ala Tiger Woods 09 with his trainer. That would be fun.
/agreed

I think its gone really...not much point in it as is. SS mode will need a LOT of work to bring it up to speed. Maybe they should do it like Head Coach... NFL Superstar!

Its got problems. I think it might be a left over from the NFL 2K 'wars'. Remember that had a FPV system that prolly would have evolved into a SS mode but in first person. Either way, it can't stay like it is thats for sure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2008, 08:53 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 6

Scrap it until you fix ON THE field issues. Fluff like Superstar has to be put aside until then.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:55 PM   #13
av7
Hall Of Fame

av7's Arena

OVR: 37

The rating system where you get boosted or penalized needs to be overhauled; getting negative points for a play my safety cant reach in the span of 4 seconds is a joke.

Oh and give me the option to play as a bulldozer FB
Old 09-02-2008, 09:03 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBorn1
Scrap it until you fix ON THE field issues. Fluff like Superstar has to be put aside until then.
Agreed...exactly what it is to, fluff.

It's "features" like this that are made to appeal to the casual crowd, IMO.

Bringing that up, that makes me curious. I'm going to put up a poll to see how many people play superstar.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »