Home

3 Step, 5 step, 7 step drops-how you can make it easy to implement in Madden

This is a discussion on 3 Step, 5 step, 7 step drops-how you can make it easy to implement in Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2008, 05:46 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
3 Step, 5 step, 7 step drops-how you can make it easy to implement in Madden

Can you have 3 step plays, 5 Step, 7 Step passing plays in Madden? It’s in the Game; (the NFL)

Solution: In the play screen have the individual pass plays with; 3, 5, 7 in the bottom right or top right to signal to the user that this play calls for X drop steps.

This would make it easy for everyone to know if they want to throw to the primary receiver how many steps the quarterback is dropping. If he is not open take control of the QB and look for other options.

Other idea's to add it to Madden?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2008, 07:42 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: 3 Step, 5 step, 7 step drops-how you can make it easy to implement in Madden

Great suggestion.

I mean there should be so many little variations like that in the game, but he is so busy fixing crashes glitches and building graphics models, they have no time to think outside of the box like a gamer does.

On the Xbox1, they showed that they can think outside the box when they have dev time to look at it from the user's perspective...
Old 08-26-2008, 09:18 PM   #3
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: 3 Step, 5 step, 7 step drops-how you can make it easy to implement in Madden

Make sure to list this in the suggestion thread. The more of us that do, I assume the more likely it is to find its way into the game.

And I think putting the drop in the play call would be more football like. 300 X Slant, 500 Y Seam, 700 Z Post for examples.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:08 PM   #4
Rookie

twthomas's Arena

OVR: 5

How about putting a system in place where if you hold the "move" stick, the QB moves as you want him to, but if you just tap it backwards once, twice or three times, you get a 3, 5, or 7 step drop.

Might be easier and perhaps more realistic. I am certain most NFL QB's decide to drop x number of steps based on thier reads. Its automatic after that. Making a system where the player could tap twice and then start scanning the coverage would be kinda cool.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:38 PM   #5
Pro

GOBLUE_08's Arena

OVR: 10

Awesome suggestion for those of us who really enjoy having a realistic football game, but that would just make it WAAAAAAAYYYYY too hard for the cheese crowd in the online community who madden seems to love so much these days. no way would they be able to run from sideline to sideline and chuck one up 85 yds in the air right on the money for the TD , all while having to worry about 3/5/7 step drops. but in all seriousness that would be a very welcome addition for me and plenty of others im sure. but i guess they have to dumb it down a bit for the casual gamer who more often than not doesnt know a thing about the nfl and the technical aspects of the game.

Last edited by GOBLUE_08; 08-26-2008 at 10:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2008, 10:56 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 11

How about after selecting a play, you select what your snap count is.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:41 AM   #7
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamimarlins1
How about after selecting a play, you select what your snap count is.
i've been asking for this for years. 1st you pick your play, then you select your snap count. then you have to remember your snap count and execute it correctly or you get a false start. It takes the randomness out of a false start, and the you can throw the defense off who is trying to jump the snap. also if you snap too early your oline could be caught off guard, or you could have a fumbled snap, something that is a part of football, but that we dont see in the videogames.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:45 AM   #8
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
i've been asking for this for years. 1st you pick your play, then you select your snap count. then you have to remember your snap count and execute it correctly or you get a false start. It takes the randomness out of a false start, and the you can throw the defense off who is trying to jump the snap. also if you snap too early your oline could be caught off guard, or you could have a fumbled snap, something that is a part of football, but that we dont see in the videogames.
Never seen this in any videogame...

Why it hasn't been implemented is beyond me...Maybe casual gamers will be confused by it..If so, just have it off with the default settings and allow the hardcore guys to have the option to turn it on.

http://twitter.com/52isthemike

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »