Home

Why do you buy on release day?

This is a discussion on Why do you buy on release day? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2008, 10:53 PM   #9
MVP

mastershake88's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Why do you buy on release day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by renojedi
Not meant as a negative post...I was just curious why some of you buy on release day. I for one wait until the season starts for these reasons.

1. Madden on Next Gen has always had issues. Remember fumbles last year? This year they are addressing most (except Robo-QB) quickly so hats off to Ian and the boys for the quick turn around. But either way, it will be after the season starts before the major issues that people complain about are addressed.

2. The "final" rosters don't come out until the first week of the season so unless you want your franchise to include a bunch of "cut" players or not include some 7th round pick who made it on the team rosters , you have to wait anyway to make it as authentic as possible.

3. There will be plenty of used copies for sale at a reduced rate.

And, it seems like many are fuming the first week swearing they won't buy on release day (like last year) or saying they played it for a week returned it but will now buy it post patch (don't even get me started on how buying a game twice makes no sense).

So if you did or plan to (next year) buy Madden on release day, why do you do it?

1. $$$$$$$$$$It's my money$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Decade of Excellence
FHS '06, UMBC,'13,CCBC '15 UMUC '15

Last edited by mastershake88; 08-27-2008 at 11:01 PM.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:58 PM   #10
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

I always buy Madden on release day because I look forward to playing the new Madden game so much.

Another part of it I suppose is habit as well. I've been buying the game on release day for years.
Old 08-28-2008, 05:38 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 3

The so called "reduced rate" is kinda bunk, Madden will be 54.99 used for ages.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2008, 08:09 AM   #12
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

ummm, because I love football and like the Madden series.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 08-28-2008, 08:55 AM   #13
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

OVR: 10

because(not for Madden specifically) the next time my friends get a game before me and ruin the ending for me I'm going to have to murder them
Old 08-28-2008, 09:10 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

EB Games in Canada had a promotion...Trade in any two games ($8 value) and get Madden 09 $11.99...guy in front of me in line paid full retail $71 and change after taxes for regular edition...

Thats why i bought on the release date.

Old 08-28-2008, 09:10 AM   #15
Rookie

Beardown's Arena

OVR: 5

The number 1 reason is because of my love for football and number 2 would be because I enjoy playing Madden and anxiously await its release every year. Madden spends more time in my 360 than any other game by far. I watch NFL Network year round. This is the best time of the year, waiting is just not an option.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2008, 10:08 AM   #16
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20

The OP left out one major point that is REALLY making me starting to question why I buy the game at release:

The game is nearly unplayable until the MAJOR PATCH that is needed every year to fix the problems in the game.

EA has been better than ever on being on top of getting us that patch as soon as possible (I've been hearing mid september), but the fact remains.... "Why would I want to go online at this point and muck up my record playing some game that needs to be patched". I still can't find an answer to that one.

The game doesn't get good (as good as madden can get that is) until a major patch has been released and the game is finally playable. It hasn't been mentioned, but I am thinking that EA will tweak the OL problems to get running up a bit making this game much more fun. I am hoping this is going to be one of their subtle fixes that would be embarrassing to admit.

So used, I am going to try it next year... Some to take down EA's sales (with no competition, it's really all you can do), and some for the reasons mentioned. Someone mentioned used price, I work for a game store and we sell it used for 49.99 pre owned. Not mega savings, but better than 54.99 at EB. It's out there if you look.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »