Home

Ian what do you think about analog stick passing for 2010? I think it would be GREAT!

This is a discussion on Ian what do you think about analog stick passing for 2010? I think it would be GREAT! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2008, 03:10 AM   #1
Rookie

orhymes's Arena

OVR: 2
Ian what do you think about analog stick passing for 2010? I think it would be GREAT!

Ian (and the rest of the people on this board) As madden progresses something we as players are looking for is more control... so i propose analog stick passing.

1. It would be similar to the swing system in tiger woods

2. pressing the stick back would bring the qb's arm back, pressing the stick forward and in a direction would bring the qb's arm forward

3. maximum distance for the throw and accuracy of the throw would be determined by stats but the power and direction in which you throw the ball is all up to you and how you use the stick

4. I haven't decided whether or not the ball should be released automatically (once the stick is pressed forward) or if it should be released with one of the trigger buttons, I would assume it would be more effective with the trigger buttons because then you could use the stick for some nice pump fakes...

5. this style of passing would truly put the passing control in the users hands... imagine that lob pass you need in the fourth quarter with seconds left... well simply pull back at a slow pace and go forward press the trigger button and there ya go...

6. this would turn passing in madden into an art and something to truly get really good at... lead recievers - you do it, throw bombs - you do it, pump fake then lob pass over a lb - you do it, if you overthrow its your fault, if you under throw its your fault... OMG just talking about it has gotten me very excited.

7. Ian I honestly think if this is put in 2010 it will be heralded as one of the greatest Madden features ever. It will also change the way the game is played forever.

Last edited by orhymes; 08-27-2008 at 03:13 AM. Reason: changed title
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2008, 03:43 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Ian what do you think about analog stick passing for 2010? I think it would be GR

Probably too much of a feature for 2010. But who knows.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:50 AM   #3
Rookie

orhymes's Arena

Re: Ian what do you think about analog stick passing for 2010? I think it would be GR

Quote:
Originally Posted by icomb1ne
Probably too much of a feature for 2010. But who knows.
I don't think so because if they could do the passing cone in a year or the juke and hit stick in a year then they can do analog passing in a year...
Old 08-27-2008, 04:06 AM   #4
MVP

Stroehms's Arena

OVR: 55

It could be done, I've thought of this also but the animation might take to long.
Old 08-27-2008, 04:26 AM   #5
Rookie

the vision cone was pretty lame and the only thing you had to do was move it left or right. just keep it simple.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2008, 05:42 AM   #6
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Nay. I like how it is now. Button passing with a little analog precision passing. Maybe just tune the precision part a bit and its all good.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:11 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

My right analog stick can barely cycle through swapping packages in NCAA. I'd hate to have to rely on it to pass the ball.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:02 AM   #8

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

how would you select the receiver you are throwing to?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »