Home

Differences between PS3 and 360 Madden!

This is a discussion on Differences between PS3 and 360 Madden! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2008, 09:38 AM   #1
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49
Differences between PS3 and 360 Madden!

I have heard and read all kinds of conflicting reports about differences between PS3 and 360 Madden. For those that have played both, can you please share those differences?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2008, 10:35 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Differences between PS3 and 360 Madden!

I bought the collector's editon of both. PS3 has 2 disks and 360 has 3 disks. That is all I see as a difference.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:46 AM   #3
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafilthymofo
I bought the collector's editon of both. PS3 has 2 disks and 360 has 3 disks. That is all I see as a difference.
I was wondering from a gameplay, presentation standpoint, etc.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:29 PM   #4
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeonosisX
I was wondering from a gameplay, presentation standpoint, etc.
Gameplay is identical.

The only difference is in the replays. They are conpressed on PS3, and as such are much lower in quality. Players feet slide along the ground, the ball doesn't rotate correctly (if at all) when thrown, etc.

Again, this is only in replays, so if gameplay is your main cup o' tea, then go with the system/controller you like most.

Old 08-27-2008, 01:45 PM   #5
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdalewood
Gameplay is identical.

The only difference is in the replays. They are conpressed on PS3, and as such are much lower in quality. Players feet slide along the ground, the ball doesn't rotate correctly (if at all) when thrown, etc.

Again, this is only in replays, so if gameplay is your main cup o' tea, then go with the system/controller you like most.
I have it for the PS3 already and the replays do seem off a bit for this and NCAA due to the compression. I wonder why they did that, compressing replays to a lower quality.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2008, 02:02 PM   #6
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
I have it for the PS3 already and the replays do seem off a bit for this and NCAA due to the compression. I wonder why they did that, compressing replays to a lower quality.
Yah, who knows? That's the main reason I play the 360 version more. Honestly though, unless those replays REALLY bother you, just stick with the ps3... the main game is exactly the same.

Old 08-27-2008, 02:06 PM   #7
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

I have both and they're pretty much the same. I play the PS3 version because I don't have an Xbox Live membership and can get the roster updates for free on the PS3. The Xbox version's color looks a little better and the gameplay feels just a tad smoother to me, but that's about it. Overall the difference is very minimal.
Old 08-28-2008, 02:56 AM   #8
R**k**

whosgotcha's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
I have heard and read all kinds of conflicting reports about differences between PS3 and 360 Madden. For those that have played both, can you please share those differences?
I posted this earlier in another thread.

I have both versions as well and the 360 version does look better and plays slightly smoother to me. The visual differences became more pronounced when I bumped the 360 version to 1080i. on the 360 colors are richer, shading on the field is more pronounced, textures are more apparent, and the fields generally look more grassy LOL. Both games do play very similar, the PS3 version tends to have moments where gameplay speeds up. Cut scenes and replays are much better on the 360. Menu responses seem better on the PS3. The PS3 tends to have colors that appear to be washed out which I do not find appealing.

With all of the above being stated the PS3 version is still quite goodlooking and plays very well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »