Home

How would YOU want the difficulty levels to work?

This is a discussion on How would YOU want the difficulty levels to work? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2008, 02:22 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: How would YOU want the difficulty levels to work?

I think the game should perform differently on each gameplay setting when set on CPU vs CPU mode.

As you increase levels (from Rookie to Pro to All Pro to All Madden), the individual CPU players should react more swiftly and more decisively in making plays. Meaning the DB's should be more active to knockdown balls and even attempt interceptions more on All Madden as they would on Rookie.

I also believe that on All Madden, even the logic behind the CPU's decision making should be increased. They should be smarter and pull out play actions and always keep the user (or the other CPU team) on their toes on All Madden.

On All-Madden, there should be more open gameplay. The analog sensitivity should be there to capture all 360 degrees of motion through unique movement of the let and right analog stick. The highlight stick for example should be less automatic movements on All Madden. They should be user controlled movements and direction and hold the user accountable by allowing the user to make split second changes in direction that could have a drastic result on the outcome of a play. This is something you probably wouldn't see on Rookie happen as easily because the user should be held more accountable on All Madden. The CPU A.I. should be there to challenge the user in every logical way on All Madden.

The user should struggle to juke out of a CPU contain on All Madden, but will still have a slight percentage chance of juking out depending on timing and unique situation.

You can really see these differences in NCAA Football 06-08 on the original xbox when switching from All American gameplay to Heisman gameplay. It is similar on Madden 09.
Old 08-28-2008, 03:25 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 6

i thought Ian pretty much said thats how they are played out....

All-Pro is where ratings are mostly determined

and All-Madden is where they are boosted in CPU favor.
Old 08-28-2008, 03:32 AM   #11
All Star

OVR: 33

all madden is the ultimate challenge. All-pro is where they play to the attributes and a bit more sim.

All Madden should be highly dependent on stick skills on offense and defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2008, 04:19 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaRYder226
i thought Ian pretty much said thats how they are played out....

All-Pro is where ratings are mostly determined

and All-Madden is where they are boosted in CPU favor.
Man we all know the ratings don't mean jack.
Old 08-28-2008, 04:41 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
All Madden should be highly dependent on stick skills on offense and defense.
All Madden can be sim, usually with adjusted sliders. However, All-Madden is a much more intricate, user defined simulation. Yes user control is important, ability to make stunning moves with the swift of a stick, but it's also important to blend that user control in with the CPU A.I. and with the playcalling and position rating accuracy.

Madden 09 on the original xbox (or assuringly on the ps2) does a good job of this. This is why Madden 09 on original xbox is the most balanced and most complete football simulation experience with precise user control out of all the games. And I believe to get the best presentation of Madden 09, the user needs to run the game from the xbox hard drive. Still off the disc, it plays without a hitch, with only the occasional slight frame loss during overlays and cutscenes.

The Wii version is innovative and has a good foundation, unlike the 360 and PS3, but it is not as complete of a game as the ps2 and xbox1 versions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »