Home

CPU Rushing

This is a discussion on CPU Rushing within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2008, 06:58 PM   #1
Rookie

cubspac's Arena

OVR: 8
CPU Rushing

Is it just me or does the cpu pass more than run. It seems every game I play they pass all the time and don't run. I am trying to get my sliders set before the opening roster and was just wondering if anyone had the same issue.

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2008, 09:29 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 21
Re: CPU Rushing

Oh yeah, they pass way more than run. I'm assuming it's because they're super-effective at passing and can't move the ball at all on the ground.

The default CPU AI tuning is soooo fubar, but you can 'fix' it somewhat. My skill is set to custom, with pass reaction all the way up to 100, rush reaction at 0, and shed block/tackle set to 25... The CPU went from avg under 1 yd per carry to maybe 3-4 at best with this setup, and now they do run more often.

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Old 08-28-2008, 09:38 AM   #3
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubspac
Is it just me or does the cpu pass more than run. It seems every game I play they pass all the time and don't run. I am trying to get my sliders set before the opening roster and was just wondering if anyone had the same issue.

Thanks
Some teams do try to run more than others but unless they are constantly burning you with passes the cpu running is not always that great and even if they do have you in constant pass coverage the cpu running is still often less than good because it seems that it is always trying to make barry sanders like moves instead of just hitting the hole.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:50 AM   #4
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
even if they do have you in constant pass coverage the cpu running is still often less than good because it seems that it is always trying to make barry sanders like moves instead of just hitting the hole.
This is the key right here: it always seems like they can't just run north and south. Yesterday in a game Larry Johnson caught the ball on a toss and did 2 spins and a juke before being tackled for a loss of 14 yards. I was like wtf!
Old 08-28-2008, 10:00 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 7

I have been getting killed on rushing lately. The last 3 games I played (Vikings, Browns, and Chargers) all ran the ball for 100+ yard on me and pass for atleast 150+.

I'm not doing anything special. Using my skill in my franchise. The only thing I'm doing is using a lot of defensive audibles trying to stop the pass. But they are getting realistic rushing attempts and yards against me now.

*I mean yippe!*
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2008, 10:13 AM   #6
MVP

Garrett67's Arena

OVR: 20

I've heard they run more if you set the CPU playbook to Run Heavy (obviously). I don't know if they're any better or not, I haven't tried it yet.

I'm sure the CPU still passes at 80%
Old 08-28-2008, 10:38 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by xythander
I have been getting killed on rushing lately. The last 3 games I played (Vikings, Browns, and Chargers) all ran the ball for 100+ yard on me and pass for atleast 150+.

I'm not doing anything special. Using my skill in my franchise. The only thing I'm doing is using a lot of defensive audibles trying to stop the pass. But they are getting realistic rushing attempts and yards against me now.

*I mean yippe!*
I just played the same 3 teams 7 min Qts custom sliders rush defense set to 0 talking 0 and they got a total of 56 yards on 59 carries. That's total for all three teams. Oh I played as Da Bears. IMO the CPU running game is one of the biggest disappointments in the game not just this year but for the last 20 years. I think they will be working on this next year. I hope.
Old 08-28-2008, 10:57 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrandon
I just played the same 3 teams 7 min Qts custom sliders rush defense set to 0 talking 0 and they got a total of 56 yards on 59 carries. That's total for all three teams. Oh I played as Da Bears. IMO the CPU running game is one of the biggest disappointments in the game not just this year but for the last 20 years. I think they will be working on this next year. I hope.
Oh I agree and up till last night I was seeing the same thing. The 3 teams I played last night on 9 min Qts would run the ball around 25+ times and all had over 100+ yards. Peterson really killed me.

It may have just been a fluke, cause like I said up until last night I was seeing the exact same thing as you. The only thing I changed yesterday was I started using a ton of defensive audibles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »