Home

RUNNING GAME DISCOVERY (using sprint)

This is a discussion on RUNNING GAME DISCOVERY (using sprint) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2008, 06:10 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: RUNNING GAME DISCOVERY (using sprint)

Speaking of sprint, does anyone else feel that it should be limited? I mean, if you hold the sprint trigger, the player will just sprint nonstop without seeming to slowdown. Most of the running should be directly attributed to the speed statistic of the player, with only short to medium bursts for sprinting, ya know.
Old 08-28-2008, 07:26 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 15

I'll give this a try.

However, it seems like atleast 1 how to run the ball thread pops up over here per week.

Between, the horrible blocking by your teammates, the magnetic response by defenders to sprinting, juking, stiff arming etc.... and the lack of fatigue for defenders. The run game is 'obviously' broken this year.

I can see if the user struggles against the Vikings, or Ravens trying to run the ball consistently.

In this game EVERY team you play against is beastly against the run. Which shouldn't be the case. The run game was MUCH better last year when fatigue worked.
Old 08-28-2008, 08:56 AM   #19
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by edubbs
I'll give this a try.

However, it seems like atleast 1 how to run the ball thread pops up over here per week.

Between, the horrible blocking by your teammates, the magnetic response by defenders to sprinting, juking, stiff arming etc.... and the lack of fatigue for defenders. The run game is 'obviously' broken this year.

I can see if the user struggles against the Vikings, or Ravens trying to run the ball consistently.

In this game EVERY team you play against is beastly against the run. Which shouldn't be the case. The run game was MUCH better last year when fatigue worked.
I disagree with your last statement. My biggest rushing games have been against weaker teams (all pro and custom difficulty level). If I'm the Chargers playing the 49ers, I will rip off 150 or so with LT. Same thing applies when I am the Rams playing a team like the Raiders. I see a HUGE fifference in teams' individual rushing defense, and have also noticed that I begin to wear down a line by the 3rd and 4th quarters. Last night I was the Chiefs playing the Bucs, pounding LJ on 34carries. He was averaging maybe 2-3 ypc in the first half, and then in the 2nd half was able to bust 1-2 10-15 yard rushes, finishing the game with 98 yards and 1td.

I think the biggest problem with next gen rushing is that the new controller config puts the sprint button on your trigger finger. Gaming has taught us nothing the last couple years then to spam our trigger finger on every game. Back on last gen, I hardly ever pressed sprint until I was trying to break away because it was on a face button. I think the spring= defenders eating you has always been there as a way to avoid spamming the button, but we are just noticing it more today because our heads are telling us to press that button all the time.
Old 08-28-2008, 10:14 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankido
That's when I decided I would stop reading. The problem with the game is that your blockers are oblivious to blocking. When you have the right outside tackle on a HB toss to the right run across the left side of the field to make a block, that's when you know to stop figuring a way to run.
And that's when I stopped reading.

This isn't a tip about how to make blocking better, it's one that helps make the defensive pursuit NOT take a perfect angle to you every time. It can cause defenders to hit stick and miss, and also give your blockers time to at least get a hand on the guy.

Yeah, the blocking has always been crappy in Madden , but I'm tired of bashing the game (i've did my fair share). I'm enjoying the game despite it faults. I've have good sim games in my league and against the CPU with Heelfan's sliders. If you've known about this for years, cool. This is useful info to some.

Has anyone noticed any results?
Old 08-28-2008, 12:27 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by edubbs
I'll give this a try.

Pretty much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2008, 05:23 PM   #22
Pro

Ankido's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan917
And that's when I stopped reading.

This isn't a tip about how to make blocking better, it's one that helps make the defensive pursuit NOT take a perfect angle to you every time. It can cause defenders to hit stick and miss, and also give your blockers time to at least get a hand on the guy.

Yeah, the blocking has always been crappy in Madden , but I'm tired of bashing the game (i've did my fair share). I'm enjoying the game despite it faults. I've have good sim games in my league and against the CPU with Heelfan's sliders. If you've known about this for years, cool. This is useful info to some.

Has anyone noticed any results?
To bash something, you have to be bias against it. I on the other hand am not bias against madden since I play it even when NFL2K was around. You also cannot bash facts. No matter how hard people try, you will never figure out a running game because the system is screwed up. I average 100 yards a game because Iformation Twins HB Toss has been good to me.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:02 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1

so far i'm liking this new way of running. it seems to be getting me a few more yards per carry. i almost always use the steelers and running like this with parker and mendenhall is yielding fantastic results. once you get the hang of running like this it helps out a lot.

NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers (4-1)
NCAAF: Penn State Nittany Lions (6-0) (#6)
NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins (1-1-0)
MLB: Pittsburgh Pirates (who cares?)

~Add Darth_Tumor on ps3 for sim-style Madden 09/NHL 09 online games~

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"-Hines Ward
Old 08-29-2008, 09:06 PM   #24
MVP

RedmanR's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by darth tumor
so far i'm liking this new way of running. it seems to be getting me a few more yards per carry. once you get the hang of running like this it helps out a lot.
Amen brother... I yeild better yards when I'm patient... If I sprint I'm usually trying to turn the corner, juke or in open field. The blocking is there. The holes are there

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »