Home

Uniforms, The Field, and Rain...

This is a discussion on Uniforms, The Field, and Rain... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2008, 03:48 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
Uniforms, The Field, and Rain...

I know this has been talked about, but I'm using the Steelers and playing in Philly....It's pouring, and the rains been falling from the start. I can't tell what numbers are on my guys uniforms, and the Eagles look more like the Browns...And the field looks like it has just had the tarp removed. It's so crazy to see how great the uniforms look after 4 qtrs of playing in the "mud" yet the field looks pristine.

I know I read they were going to address it in the patch (field degradation) so I can't wait to see how the field looks all torn apart after a game like this. Here's to hoping that it isn't a long way out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2008, 03:53 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Uniforms, The Field, and Rain...

I can't wait either. First thing I'm going to do once patch #2 arrives is play in the rain to see the field degradation combined with the muddy jerseys. It's going to be visually stunning IMO.
Old 08-29-2008, 03:55 PM   #3
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moshood
I can't wait either. First thing I'm going to do once patch #2 arrives is play in the rain to see the field degradation combined with the muddy jerseys. It's going to be visually stunning IMO.
I hope so. Thats a big "immersion" factor right there
Old 08-29-2008, 03:56 PM   #4
Banned

newmoon's Arena

OVR: 5

I couldn't agree more, I was playing tampa in the rain, and I swear after the third int in the 4th qtr I had to sub out all my starters to know who I was throwing the damn ball to. I came back and won the game because of it. lol crazy but fun, now the snow I hate =)
Old 08-29-2008, 04:19 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Yeah I'm with you guys. I use to hate when I was in a franchise game and it would be raining because it only made it harder to see. Now for the first time in my football gaming experience, I'm actually praying for it to rain as the game loads lol. This is by far my favorite aspect of 09.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2008, 04:58 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
I hope so. Thats a big "immersion" factor right there
Yeah, it is such a huge contrast...You see these completely filthy players and the field looks like astro turf in comparison. Once they get the field going it will be a real treat to play in the rain and especially the snow (if they nail the way the field gets ripped in snow).

On a side note Willie Parker coughed it up twice resulting in a return for 7 and a field goal. I had to get it to overtime to win...Limas Sweed is a beast in the game.
Old 08-29-2008, 07:30 PM   #7
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CooLaidBlack
Yeah I'm with you guys. I use to hate when I was in a franchise game and it would be raining because it only made it harder to see. Now for the first time in my football gaming experience, I'm actually praying for it to rain as the game loads lol. This is by far my favorite aspect of 09.
Lol, I'm like that too....I'm on my second year of Franchise and have yet to have a rainy game in Philly...Every time the game loads I find myself praying for a rainy game.....It never happens....sux..
Old 08-29-2008, 07:49 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 16

Slightly off topic - but the Field degenerates to SOME degree in a snow game.

Mostly, it thaws - showing more of the grass beneath...which still isn't getting torn up. Heh. The thawing happens in Midfield and spreads from there. Check it out.

I can't wait for this to work the right way - it's very next-gen and cool.

-SeventhWard

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »