Home

Ian asked "what you all think are the most high priority issues...

This is a discussion on Ian asked "what you all think are the most high priority issues... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 12:50 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Ian asked "what you all think are the most high priority issues...

The 3-4 will never work correctly in Madden until these things happen:

1. Bigger stronger defensive lineman that are used in the 3-4 need to be double teamed by the offensive line. That's what the 3-4 is all about. Let your 3 big defensive linemen eat up blockers and allow the 4 linebackers to run free and chase down the ball carrier (or sack the QB)...

2. Teams in franchise mode need to understand what defensive scheme they are running. I'm tired of seeing a team like the Chargers draft undersized defensive linemen.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:58 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 10

All I really care about at this point is the QB passing %.

I have played alot of games and while the Matt Schaubs and the Troy Smith's don't hurt, when you have to play against Brady and Manning they are more unstoppable than in real life. They pass for 80% completion against me no matter the defense I put up. Maybe they are much better than I can play, but that doesn't excuse Derek Anderson dropping 459 vs. the Steelers when I played almost exclusively pass Def. from the Nickel and Dime.

The QB's in this game are GODS and that shouldn't be, even if I have a heavy rush on them they still are able to sit in the pocket and pick me apart even when I highlight their reciever that they are throwing to.
Old 08-30-2008, 01:19 AM   #11
Banned

PodSquad's Arena

OVR: 8

Offensive line play.

Make scoop blocks a staple of game play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2008, 02:45 AM   #12
Banned

Nintari's Arena

OVR: 11

One thing and I'll be good to go....

AAA Presentation. I want all the bells and whistles that 2k5 had. Use the ESPN license to it's fullest. I want halftime shows, post game shows with the player of the game shown, weekend updates after every week of the season with highlights. I want the playoffs to feel like the playoffs, and for the LOVE OF GOD make the super bowl feel like the super bowl. When I win the super bowl I want it to feel like I really won the thing.

Basically, just look at what the VC guys did with that game presentation wise and try to copy it. It's long LONG over due IMO.
Old 08-30-2008, 02:47 AM   #13
Rookie

o 99 PROBL3MS o's Arena

OVR: 7

I think the problem is more so the defensive line play than the offensive line play. In other football games, having a bigtime defensive linemen is a huge problem for offenses. In this game I shouldn't be able to line up my 77OVR RT vs. Jason Taylor and not be worried. I'm not saying he should destroy my RT every single play but it shouldn't definitely be a problem for me. This is also where having double-team blocking comes into play.
Old 08-30-2008, 02:51 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 28

1. Animations.. My biggest gripe about EA game is that they have a horrible animations department. I played about 600-700 games of APF online. Once in a while i will STILL see a new animation. I played about 20 games of Madden off/online and i pretty much have seen them all. Do a youtube search and look up the APF animations and look how beautiful they run routes how they interact with one another. If they can do it, you can too.

2. Ball Physics- The way they move is freaking horrible. Bullet pass or ephus pitch, you choose!

Thats my gripes. Horrible animations kill games for me. Once i see bad animations in sports game, i am done. I can no longer enjoy it.

Last edited by kcxiv; 08-30-2008 at 02:56 AM.
Old 08-30-2008, 02:59 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 4

TheFuture15:

Please take this with a grain of salt, but Madden is still a long way from being a great game. I know you guys work hard and it takes time, and I don't want to piss anyone off here.

Madden will still be disappointing until:

1. Progression actually works correctly.
2. Animations get ALOT better.
3. CPU doesn't do bonehead moves, and is SMART about the plays they call.
4. EA needs to put in-depth presentation in, and I'm not talking about 3 seconds of a stadium with cars driving down the street.

I'm talking about ESPN or NFL Network pre/halftime/post game shows. Then a SPORTSCENTER showing scores and highlights from other games each week (the ones you didnt play). Basically what NFL 2k5 does with presentation.

5. Better animations on sidelines, players talking to each other, coaches discussing strategies with players, cheerleaders, players drinking gatorade on the bench, etc.

6. More crowd reactions and interactions. Make them scream when home team scores a TD or has a great play, and boo harshly to bad plays, etc. Also make it so the crowd stands up when a pass is being thrown to the end zone or something along those lines, then when a TD is score...they go nuts!

7. Injuries need to be deep, and show the medical staff run out to field (with a few players hovering over the injured player to see if he's ok). If the injury is severe enough then have the cart drive the player off the field.

8. Franchise mode needs to be severely tweaked so we can do more. Make it so we can adjust ticket prices, concessions, parking, etc like it used to be. Make the CPU AI do smart trades, trade blocks, contracts, etc.

9. Tweak the DRAFT so CPU teams actually draft players they really need, and put a good presentation with ESPN or NFL Network to have commentary and narration about the entire draft and which teams are looking for which type of players, etc. Needs to be deep.

10. Superstar mode needs a complete makeover and needs to be more in depth. The superstar player needs more interaction with coaches, other players, agents, practices, make it more intuitive and robust.

11. Put in the chain gang, put in referees that actually are ON the field while the game is being played, etc.

Those are the main things we really want, and alot of folks will agree I think.

Thank you for your time and understanding.

Joe

Last edited by joejccva; 08-30-2008 at 03:03 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2008, 03:15 AM   #16
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

My number one thing would be adaptive AI.

The game of football is as much of a chess match, as it is a game of blocking and tackling. When you can/must truly game plan to be successful in franchise mode...that to me is when the Madden game turns the corner.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »