Home

My only problem with "robo QB"

This is a discussion on My only problem with "robo QB" within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2008, 08:21 AM   #1
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13
My only problem with "robo QB"

There has got to be a certain point on the "Pass Defense" slider where the computer almost refuses to take a sack. I was playing Denver last night with the Chiefs and no matter what I did, Cutler would always get rid of the ball before I could get to him.

I'm thinking about going to custom sliders to prevent this from happening. Right now my pass defense is set to All Madden. I love the My Skill setting, but the game would be much more fun if the QB would actually take a sack.

I did get one sack, I'm just frustrated that I lost 24-23. I had Clutch games "ON" by the way, so maybe that was a factor?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2008, 08:29 AM   #2
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: My only problem with "robo QB"

That is not robo QB, that is Cutler and Cutler is the man.
All of the rivalry games that I played were shootouts that came right down to the end.
Old 08-30-2008, 09:03 AM   #3
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
That is not robo QB, that is Cutler and Cutler is the man.
All of the rivalry games that I played were shootouts that came right down to the end.
Really? Maybe I'm just overreacting then. I hate Denver.
Old 08-30-2008, 11:29 AM   #4
MVP

BleacherCreature's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
That is not robo QB, that is Cutler and Cutler is the man
No that's robo-QB. Brodie Croyle did the same thing to me and he is certainly not the man.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:14 PM   #5
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23

I don't think the roboQB is as big a deal as everyone makes it but could be improved. I think the main issue is like the OP said, the CPU QBs have an immediate release unlike the player.

How many times have you seen an open man with the blitz coming and try to get the pass off but get sacked anyway even though you started the throw before the blitz got there. It does not seem like the CPU has this delay and can riffle passes immediately.

This is typical EA Sport programing, instead of making the AI actually better they just let them cheat.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2008, 12:49 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 8

Robo qb is a ***** and it is so frustrating. So many times im about to sack the qb he just chucks it up and happens to connect. The only times the qb has incomplete passes is when i INT the ball. Iv had a 8 int game due to the qb just throwing it instead of taking a damn sack
Old 08-30-2008, 02:00 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 7

That IS Robo QB, the QB will get rid of the ball no matter what if a defender gets within a certain range. Most of the time he will throw the perfect pass, even if it's on his back foot. But if you call the right combination of blitz and coverage, he will still get rid of it, even if he's throwing right into a defender. I picked off Big Ben 6 times in a game because of this. The only sacks I get are from play action plays, where the QB's animation plays out and the defender can tackle him before he can get rid of the ball.
Old 08-31-2008, 06:59 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

Speaking of Cutler, I had a weird moment playing the Broncos as the Patriots yesterday. It was almost sort of an anti-Robo QB moment. Cutler came out in a slot formation and I think Graham was in the slot. He snapped the ball and just stood there. I had subbed in Jarvis Green at DE, and he got by the line and came for Cutler. Cutler scrambled left and I got picked up by the FB. Cutler WOULD NOT throw the ball or scramble, even though he had green pastures in front of him and Graham just standing at the first down line and Marshall over the middle. I eventually sacked him with Richard Seymour, but I found it odd that he wouldn't go anywhere with the ball and he just stood there. And this wasn't a quick play either, this was probably 5 or 6 seconds. I saved the play as a highlight from a few angles, but I currently only have XBL silver, when I renew my Gold I'll upload it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »