Home

EA/Madden must decide...

This is a discussion on EA/Madden must decide... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2008, 06:34 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: EA/Madden must decide...

EA advertises If its in the game , Its in the game.Backbreaker please release your game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2008, 08:25 AM   #42
Banned

OVR: 25

the biggest problem is when they redid madden for the next-gen..

they SCRAPPED the madden we all knew and loved and rebuilt it from scratch.. totally new engine and everything

that's the inherent problem now

the madden they built was not the madden that us simmers and franchises loved and supported

it's the arcade madden we see now where it is literally geared for the 3 minute turbo charged qtrs for "tourney" play to cater to the hype of tourneys..

that's the inherent problem.. when they rebuilt/redid this thing, they moved away from what made the franchise so good...

right now it is living off the strength of its past... we all remember the sims the franchises the LEAGUES... where's that now?

almost non-existant and yet we still support hoping to see it come back

...but the truth is it never will because of the inherent flaw.. they re-built everything to cater to arcade gamers
Old 09-02-2008, 08:33 AM   #43
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
People can convince themselves of anything they want. For a while i was too, but the more you play it, the more you see the big time flaws in the game. You had one cat on another thread talk about how his pass blocking was good, so he posts videos and its only a 3 man rush. Well duh. lol Thats a perfect example of trying to convince yourself that there isnt major problems.
you can call be out by name, its cool. And I'm not trying nor do I need to convince myself of anything. I enjoy the game, whether you do or not, I do like the game and have for many, many years. I know what to expect and I enjoy the experience. I don't know why you assume that either someone hates the game or they are convincing themselves its good. Why can't people just like the game?

As for the vids, like I stated in the other thread, those were the only 2 passing vids that I had stored on my EASW account. I am sorry they were only 3 man rushes, but don't worry, I have others where its a four man rush and one that I know of where I beat the blitz for the TD. So, stay tuned.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 09-02-2008, 09:05 AM   #44
Tom Brady, L.O.A.T

urlacher51's Arena

OVR: 6

Ea will never change, because so many sheeple in their fan base dont mind the major flaws in madden and Ncaa. Alot of Madden and Ncaa fans like to settle for less. Because both games dont have the same features that were in last gen, but when people complain about it they are told to just enjoy the game for what it is. The wish list is worthless because u can see Ea doesnt care, for how long now have people been asking for the same features that were in last gen to be in next gen. I mean Ea could make a madden or Ncaa game where its only 7 on 7 and the Ea sheeple would buy it and say its the best madden or Ncaa ever and tell the people who didnt like it to, enjoy it for what it is. Just my two cents, peace.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:19 AM   #45
MVP

OVR: 13

There are shades of the MLB 2K forum here; those who like Madden are accused of "fooling" themselves.

Believe that if you must. But I can say with utmost confidence that I'm having a great time with Madden '09. I last played Madden in '05 on the original XBox, and to me, '09 is a far better product.

Toodles!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2008, 10:58 AM   #46
Pro

OVR: 9

One thing I can't help but hate is the pinball break tackles that happen through the course of the game. I've had guys break 5 or more tackles on a given play...Some that had 2 guys attempting to bring down the WR or RB. It's maddening (pun intended) how the guys brak 3 tackles in the backfield, only to gain 5 + yards...With mid-level players it isn't as bad, but when Chad Johnson is breaking off tackles on Polumolu (sp?), Farrior, Takeo Spikes, and McFadden on the same play I want to snap the game in half...
Old 09-02-2008, 11:13 AM   #47
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendanrfoley
There are shades of the MLB 2K forum here; those who like Madden are accused of "fooling" themselves.

Believe that if you must. But I can say with utmost confidence that I'm having a great time with Madden '09. I last played Madden in '05 on the original XBox, and to me, '09 is a far better product.

Toodles!
I really enjoyed MLB 2k8, but there were some big problems, one I remember well was how a middle infielder souldn't put their glove down on a grounder that you were charging...BUT...2k8 gave you enough sliders that you could manipulate the experience to suit HOW you wanted it to play. Save for a few sticking issues it is a solid overall game.

I think the biggest difference between the complaints about MLB and Madden is that Madden still refuses to deliver a deep experience that gives you control to play as simulation oriented or arcade as you want...It gives you the choice as to how deep you want your play to be, offering Season play, Franchise play, GM Mode, as well as online leagues that are on a level that we Madden gamers can only dream of. Not only that, but also allows you to see what your performance looks like over the long term, and where you have improved with the VIP and user stats...

I mentioned it earlier in this thread, but my favorite football game (not called Bill Walsh College Football 95) is Madden 06 (on the old Xbox). Am I a 2k fan? You bet...But EA really has no reason that they couldn't achieve the depth they offered in 06 on older hardware over what they released this year. The gameplay in 09 is certainly more sim-style than say, the first offering on the 360...But 3 years later it is almost as bare bones as it was then....THAT is what I find unacceptable on their part...(Aside from the depth they offer in HC 09s franchise, but continue to include Stupid-Star mode in Madden. If they even offered Tecmo Bowl gameplay on the field in Head Coach 09 I'd buy that and not concern myself with Madden at all...)
Old 09-02-2008, 11:19 AM   #48
Banned

OVR: 17

I've found slider settings based on my evolving Madden IQ that offer me a very nice experience that's feels pretty "sim". Using the IQ by itself probably won't get you the experience you're after, but use it as a jumping off point to make further adjustments.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »