Home

How do you stop the QB sneak??

This is a discussion on How do you stop the QB sneak?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2008, 08:11 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
How do you stop the QB sneak??

Someone has to know, if its possble...how do you stop it? I've stopped this guy I play constantly then only for him to qb sneak on a 4th and inches? If its not possible to stop it, its a major flaw in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2008, 08:54 AM   #2
Banned

Nintari's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: How do you stop the QB sneak??

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthieOne
Someone has to know, if its possble...how do you stop it? I've stopped this guy I play constantly then only for him to qb sneak on a 4th and inches? If its not possible to stop it, its a major flaw in the game.
Field goal block?
Old 09-02-2008, 09:00 AM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintari
Field goal block?
does that actually work?
plus I think if it does that sucks..because there should be a defense that works better than that.

So are you being serious?
Old 09-02-2008, 09:09 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 20

I dont think you can stop the QB Sneak.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:11 AM   #5
Banned

Nintari's Arena

Well, if I knew 100% that it was coming, and I couldn't stop it that would be what I would call and I'm pretty sure it would stop it. But the problem would be that the opponent would surely audible to a quick pass.

Go into practice mode, play defense and have the CPU run QB sneak and play around a bit. I'd try starting with a 4-6 defense, engage 8. If that doesn't work, then move to goal line defense. If THAT doesn't work, then field goal block. But I'm pretty sure you won't have to go to that sort of extreme.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2008, 09:43 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintari
Well, if I knew 100% that it was coming, and I couldn't stop it that would be what I would call and I'm pretty sure it would stop it. But the problem would be that the opponent would surely audible to a quick pass.

Go into practice mode, play defense and have the CPU run QB sneak and play around a bit. I'd try starting with a 4-6 defense, engage 8. If that doesn't work, then move to goal line defense. If THAT doesn't work, then field goal block. But I'm pretty sure you won't have to go to that sort of extreme.
Well I've already tried goal line and the 46. Fg block may be the only way. I swear the anything an inches are just to easy to get. there are rare occassions where I stop it but it definitly should be harder for the offense to get than it is so hard for the defense to stop it.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:56 AM   #7
Banned

Nintari's Arena

Oh, this MAY help, but I'm not sure. I've stopped it in the past by calling a 4-6...then manually controlling the MLB and moving him RIGHT BEHIND the center. Then the player hikes the ball, I just react to the angle he starts running in. Most of the time, if someone sees you attempting this, they'll pause, think twice and audible out of it or call a time out. Other times, they'll try it anyway...but it's a 50/50 because I'm ready for it.

Of course, I play with the Bears, and do this with Urlacher...so your results may very.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:06 AM   #8
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

FG block is a nice audible to have in Madden 09. Kind of sad, but that is due to the inferior DL/OL interaction that EA still has never improved on.

I know next year that should be fixed...here's hoping.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »