Home

What's happening in your franchise?

This is a discussion on What's happening in your franchise? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2008, 04:43 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
What's happening in your franchise?

In this thread, post what is going on in your franchise, who's playing well for you, stats and so forth from your franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2008, 05:10 PM   #2
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: What's happening in your franchise?

Controlling the Eagles and Raiders...

McFadden was out for 10 weeks...Played only one game w/ OAK, a win vs NYJ, and they finished 5-11.

W/ the Eagles I played every game, finished 10-6, and won the division by beating Dallas at home in wk 17. Had a horrible yr w/ McNabb throwing 26 INTs, but Westbrook was a beast. He had a 1,000 yd rushing 1,000 yd receiving yr w/ 13 rush TDs and 5 rec TDs. Unfortunately he didn't win MVP, but did win Offensive POY.

As the Eagles I lost to the Giants in both reg. season matchups, but by no more than a TD. However, in the wild card round of the playoffs I got torched by them 59-30.

The Giants went on to play in the Superbowl...again...and play New England...again...and Eli won the SB MVP...again.

Now it's yr 2 and I'm thru wk 5 having played the Giants twice and beat them both times to start 2009 4-0. The Raiders are 3-2 so far in 2010...In wk 6 the Eagles AND Raiders play each other in OAK. I think I'll control the Raiders to see how badass my Eagles team is. In my offseason I acquired DJ Williams and Ashley Lelie via FA. Williams is leading the team in tackles, and Lelie in rec. yards and rec. TDs. Lelie is actually pretty nasty considering he is only like a 75 overall.

The Raiders have arguably one of the best D-Lines in 2009...NE released Seymour so I picked him up which gives them...

RE Seymour (95)
DT Sands (79)
DT Kelly (91)
LE Burgess (91)

There fun to play w/ since thier D is nasty in this game.
Old 09-02-2008, 05:35 PM   #3
Pro

Revolution42's Arena

OVR: 25

No franchise (Seahawks) action for me yet....I am going to wait for Patch #2 before I begin. I only play offline, but was told the patch would be required to really get the best of the game.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:00 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

Personally I'm waiting for patch #2.

Franchise is pointless for me without progression/regression.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:28 PM   #5
Rookie

tbbuccaneer87's Arena

OVR: 2

nothing because it freezes and i can't train any of my players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2008, 07:15 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

In my franchise with the niners, i went 6 and 10 . i traded alex smith for a fourth rounder. i traded my first and second round pick to the dolphins and i drafted tim tebow with the number one pick overall !! i went undefeated and i won the super bowl. In my third season i lost the first game and now im 2 and 1. ill get more into details later.
Old 09-02-2008, 07:17 PM   #7
Rookie

HuskAir's Arena

OVR: 5

With Oakland I finished 11-5, lost the Super Bowl to St. Louis 42-34. I am currently in year two in the preseason still.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:38 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 11

I'm 3 weeks into my third season with the Saints.

Went 12-4 and made the playoffs the first year, winning the NFC South with the Saints. Lost to the Vikings in the divisional championships.

After the draft, I traded McAllister, after he had a horrible season, and picked up a rookie halfback and a few draft picks for next year.

In the second season went 9-7, making the wild card. I went the conference championships against the Redskins. I lost in OT on the kick-off after Henderson fumbled and they returned it for a TD.

I shopped Henderson around that off-season (I was quite ticked off at him), but couldn't get a deal that seemed fair to both parties. So I kept him.

Season 3 comes along and after all my re-signings and draft picks, I still have plently of cap room, and I pick up a 94 rated HB off the free agent list (can't remember who he was) and I trade him for Greg Jennings who is 94 overall and has 95+ speed.

Now 3 weeks into my season, I'm just destroying the competition and I am raising the difficulty (custom, worked great until now) before my next game. Ever since I picked up Jennings my passing game is unstoppable. With Henderson and Jennings speed combined with Colston's and Meachem's great hands we are barely missing any passes. Brees already has 14 touchdown passes and Jennings has caught 8 of those. The last 3 games haven't even been fun, I'm breaking to many tackles and I can't miss any passes.

I really have no clue as how the game went from challenging, and close games, to straight up blowouts everytime we take the field.
MLB: New York Yankees
CFL: BC Lions - I want my Rough Riders back!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »