Home

Must Read this critical review on EA's own forum!!

This is a discussion on Must Read this critical review on EA's own forum!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2008, 12:48 PM   #65
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Must Read this critical review on EA's own forum!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
He makes this sound like a massive issue when it is in fact not. This is extremely hard to reproduce and was resolved in the best way possible...
Wouldn't the "best way possible" be to actually make it a penalty if you cross the line of scrimage and pass? Keeping the DB's on the Wr AFTER the QB passes the LOS isn't very cool...(If I'm understanding correctly) Now if it's so rare that we may see it 1 in every 20 games then fine but it still should be a penalty.

I understand how you can get bothered my some things posted but come on there are some really valid points.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2008, 01:03 PM   #66
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
He makes this sound like a massive issue when it is in fact not. This is extremely hard to reproduce and was resolved in the best way possible...
Minor? Wow! There's an NFL rule that says you can't throw a pass beyond the LOS. Do you all even have that penalty in the game? Calling that minor is one reason folks are so frustrated. If you make the game for the fans and the fans think it's major, it's major.

As for hard to reproduce, I've played less than 10 games and have seen this quite a few times.

Quote:
Am I off base for getting frustrated with an article like this?
Yes. If that does anything but motivate you, maybe you're in the wrong business. Your work is similar to an artist's. Once you're finished with the game, it's no longer yours. It's the consumer's. Agree or not, you really have no choice but to take it, allow it to motivate you and produce a game that's above that type of criticism.

Instead of concentrating on the inaccuracies, recognize the frustration that would make someone say those things. Anyone who would dedicate that much time to complain about a video game is not an EA *****. He's a disgruntled fan. Complaining about the accuracy of his complaints is not the way to win fans back. Making a better game is.

Instead of pointing out a few inaccuracies, why not come in and address each complaint? "This is fixed in the next patch. This is fixed for next year. That is being worked on as we speak. Yes, that fix was temporary, but we are currently working on a permanent, more realistif fix that will be in for '10. And we are well on our way to creating blocking interaction so close to the NFL..."
Old 09-03-2008, 01:11 PM   #67
Mercy Extended. John 3:16

texbuk84's Arena

OVR: 34

the field seem to small for me. i've played football and been to some professional football games( via philadelphia eagles becuase i am a eagles fan). when you do zone coverages on the game. you have no time to really throw into the reciever windows without someone getting there or a super mario jump by one of the linebackers. this is crazy to see for me. madden 09 is a great game( i wont mention the horrible online leagues), but this is getting on my nerves. there should be a larger field or make the players smaller and dont make the players react like idiots. my recievers dont even fight for the ball when the ball is up in the air, they often run past the ball or let some punk db jump in front of them all the time. another thing, why do the black qb in madden ALWAYS have low awareness and low throwing accuracy. i do believe that mcnabb has been one of the most accurate qb's over the last 10 years so why is carson palmer accuracy better than his.
Devils

2kflightschool.webs.com
Old 09-03-2008, 01:16 PM   #68
Banned

OVR: 24

I don't think any of the criticism is centered on Ian ... just the game itself.

That said, wasn't Ian the guy who said, when he let us know there would be no cpu sliders, that he had nothing to do with the gameplay anyway?

I know this is impossible, but IMO it's time for EA to drop new features for a year or two and just work to get the game right. Give it some graphical touchups and just get the game right.

Every year, it's the same thing, killer game bug after killer game bug.

I know this much - when I see the cpu opponent punting the ball on my 34-yd line on 4th and inches, I wanna reach through the tv screen and strangle the cpu coach.
Old 09-03-2008, 01:21 PM   #69
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
I was a big supporter of the NHL 2k game and it has always been bashed for letting all these bugs slip through the cracks, some more prevalent then others. Now, seeing all these "Madden is glitched, bugged, etc" threads, it shows me that even this game, the most notorious sports video game out there, is vulnerable to mistakes.

Obviously, EA and 2k are different companies. But they both have bugs and glitches. It leads me to believe that it's not as easy to fix these games as some people think.

As a gamer, I've learned to accept these things. I mean, when you get bugs year in and year out, you realize that, whether you like it or not, it's part of the game. If you think you're going to get 100% error free games, you're living in a fantasy world.
I agree that if someone is saying that they are delusional.

But I do not think anyone here is saying it should be perfect. The game should not have a problem that freezes/crashes/locks or prevents you from continuing to play it (in any mode of play). That is unacceptable and hasn't been appearing in very many games at all let alone two years in a row. NCAA Dynasty mode hasn't ever crashed/froze or prevented me from continuing my dynasty. Does that mean the man upstairs was working on the team? I don't think so......

Last edited by stux; 09-03-2008 at 01:29 PM.
Old 09-03-2008, 01:24 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 2

ian i respect the fact that you come here and shed some light and answer all questions, negative or positive.

i think this years game is alot of fun, but it does have it's glitches and a company as large as ea with the budget ea has should not have a buggy game go out the door. there is a failure in the development/testing process no matter what excuse is given as to why it happened.

tiburon with the madden license is like the cubs "wait until next year" or a first round draft choice with tons of potential that never works out. i wouldn't quite call you guys ryan leaf, but it's getting close.
Old 09-03-2008, 01:35 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 8

Ian was the producer on Madden 08. Seeing that Madden 09, while buggy and with its own issues, is typically thought of as being leaps and bounds better than 08.

Why does everyone think now that Ian is working on Madden 2010 that it will be any better?

There are still bugs in this game from 08 that haven't been fixed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2008, 01:48 PM   #72
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewto16
Ian was the producer on Madden 08. Seeing that Madden 09, while buggy and with its own issues, is typically thought of as being leaps and bounds better than 08.

Why does everyone think now that Ian is working on Madden 2010 that it will be any better?

There are still bugs in this game from 08 that haven't been fixed.
Ian said he didn't work on Madden on the last 4 months of 09 because he was working on a secret project. There are some people that have hope because he made some last minute fixes for the sim crowd on 09.

He announced he was Lead Producer for 10 right before Madden hit the shelves.

Ian has our ear now, hopefully he can implement some of our suggestions for 10.

I liked the first part of the link, but the second part was a rant fest on EA and Ian.

I'd like to believe most of us believe constructive criticism is the better way to handle concerns and gripes vs personal criticism.

It's a lot healthier way to get your point across.

Last edited by roadman; 09-03-2008 at 01:59 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »