Home

Must Read this critical review on EA's own forum!!

This is a discussion on Must Read this critical review on EA's own forum!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2008, 08:29 PM   #1
Pro

boooey's Arena

OVR: 14
Must Read this critical review on EA's own forum!!

I think this review sums up all of the frustrations of all the users who purchased Madden 09 and are completely disappointed it the sheer amount of bugs and glitches in the game.

I am also shocked that EA actually left this review up on their site, and actually stickied it on top of that!!

Kudos to EA for at least not censoring their site and removing this critical review.

check it out..
http://forums.easports.com/mboards/t...25807&tstart=0
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2008, 08:39 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 17
Re: Must Read this critical review on EA's own forum!!

Personally, I view the glitches as minor annoyances in 09. They haven't much hindered my enjoyment of the game. If we were anywhere in the same universe as Madden 06 then i'd be really upset, but the game has come a LONG way since then.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:12 PM   #3
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

I thought that was a great article. I kinda disagree somewhat on some of his points, but overall it is spot on. I haven't even bothered to start a franchise cuz it will freeze anyways, so what's the point? And also because I just find the game boring now overall. Its on the right track, but EA seriously needs to step their game up with the Madden series.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:19 PM   #4
Rookie

marc68's Arena

OVR: 7

Oh boy another "bash Madden" topic....woo-hoo!

The fact is this....as long as video games have been made and will be made there are bugs and glitches. It is a FACT and people must deal with it.

IMO this years Madden is the best in a long time. Sure it has its problems, but games will ALWAYS have problems. I think its become the "hip" thing to do, bash Madden, thats why once its released I rarely come to these forums because I get tired of seeing the "EA sucks, or Madden blows!" topics....its been done, think of something new to bitch about.

Ahhh, felt good to vent that....back to the games.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:43 PM   #5
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

You know what? That single post took more thought than the last 20 posts here that I have locked. The author of the post, whether you agree with him or not, his thoughts and opinions are put out clearly and constructively.

I suggest if you have had a thread locked by one of the mods here, you read that, and take suggestions on how exactly to put your thoughts into writing.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2008, 09:56 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

I don't think people care about the bugs and glitches with madden, it is the the bug's and glitches that have been in the game now for over 3 or 4 years!

If you actually read the article he wasn't bashing them, he put his opinions on the web in a very constructive and well thought manner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc68
Oh boy another "bash Madden" topic....woo-hoo!

The fact is this....as long as video games have been made and will be made there are bugs and glitches. It is a FACT and people must deal with it.

IMO this years Madden is the best in a long time. Sure it has its problems, but games will ALWAYS have problems. I think its become the "hip" thing to do, bash Madden, thats why once its released I rarely come to these forums because I get tired of seeing the "EA sucks, or Madden blows!" topics....its been done, think of something new to bitch about.

Ahhh, felt good to vent that....back to the games.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:05 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 2

I'll agree with the guy about the freezing issues, but hopefully that'll be a thing of the past soon.

I have to admit, though, that he almost had me convinced until near the end when he started talking about EA and their "monopoly." I guess he missed the part where it was said in the beginning that the NFL WANTED exclusivity and EA just happened to be the ones who ponied up the cash. It could have very well been the 2K guys, or even the Gameday guys had they wanted to come back to the field (although, we'd only be getting Madden on the Playstation if that happened, so that one is REALLY a stretch).

I guess my point is that YES, exclusive licenses are not a good deal for the consumer. But c'mon...it's good business sense by EA, who just happens to be a company who wants to make money. Can't really say I blame them there. I wish people would leave out the exclusive deal when they're complaining.

Like I said, he had me until the "monopoly" comment. It's difficult for me to take anyone seriously if they don't know the facts of their argument. Just my two cents.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:11 PM   #8
Pro

boooey's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
You know what? That single post took more thought than the last 20 posts here that I have locked. The author of the post, whether you agree with him or not, his thoughts and opinions are put out clearly and constructively.

I suggest if you have had a thread locked by one of the mods here, you read that, and take suggestions on how exactly to put your thoughts into writing.
thank you Millenium!
I honestly did not create this thread to start another "Bash Madden" war.. rather as you said , for people to read a very well written, patient (not an angry EA sux!) review.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »