Home

Out of Bounds Recognition

This is a discussion on Out of Bounds Recognition within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2008, 04:51 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Out of Bounds Recognition

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
Off-topic, but I wish there was some way to set the Rewind to always be off. If there is I can't find it, and have to set it from 1 to 0 each game. Minor annoyance, but still I'm not really interested in that feature, "sim" gamer that I am! Brian
well if you put it on hardcore it automatically turns it off
Old 09-04-2008, 04:54 PM   #18
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimD21
I don't like all of the hardcore options. It's kinda like the having sliders thing. I like having a more fully customised experience. But to get back on topic, I really hope they get the detection issues sorted out for 10. It is more than slightly annoying...... Brian

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 09-04-2008, 04:59 PM   #19
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimD21
I like seeing Chris Collinsworth do the interception (or incompletion) recaps...I may be a decent player but those are fun to watch when I screw up
Old 09-04-2008, 06:16 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
I like seeing Chris Collinsworth do the interception (or incompletion) recaps...I may be a decent player but those are fun to watch when I screw up
That is the backtrack thing, not the rewind. The backtrack (for me) is great 90% of the time, but there is the 10% where I see him say the guy I threw it to was the 'right' guy, but the sentence before said I made a bad choice. I like the feature though.

The rewind might be the only way to have the "challenge" actually work in terms of a redo, but since it doesn't affect yardage/down it isn't...It makes sense in my head...
Old 09-04-2008, 06:21 PM   #21
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGROC
That is the backtrack thing, not the rewind. The backtrack (for me) is great 90% of the time, but there is the 10% where I see him say the guy I threw it to was the 'right' guy, but the sentence before said I made a bad choice. I like the feature though.

The rewind might be the only way to have the "challenge" actually work in terms of a redo, but since it doesn't affect yardage/down it isn't...It makes sense in my head...
When you put your level on "hardcore" they stop showing you the Backtrack thing. Therefore I use "advanced" and just manually have to move it from 1 rewind to 0 before every game...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2008, 11:24 PM   #22
Pro

utorde's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
When you put your level on "hardcore" they stop showing you the Backtrack thing. Therefore I use "advanced" and just manually have to move it from 1 rewind to 0 before every game...

Same here. I would like for the Rewinds to be completely off or start at 0 every game while still having it on Advanced. I use Advanced because I like the presentation and things you get on Advanced that you don't get on Hardcore. It's not that big of a deal, just takes an extra 2 seconds or so to scroll down and move the 1 to 0 before each game, but it would still be nice to have an option to turn Rewinds off completely while still using Advanced.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:13 AM   #23
Rookie

Deadeye15's Arena

OVR: 11

I know what you mean...

That happened recently, 0 feet inbounds, was called a catch. I challenged it and it was still ruled a catch. Its getting pretty frustrating but oh well, what can you do.
Old 09-05-2008, 01:30 AM   #24
Pro

Revolution42's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadeye15
I know what you mean...

EA SPORTS World: Madden 09 Video Highlight

That happened recently, 0 feet inbounds, was called a catch. I challenged it and it was still ruled a catch. Its getting pretty frustrating but oh well, what can you do.

You gotta be kidding me. I have been reading post after post the has described this happening in numerous situations. I have the game but as of yet have not played it, I am waiting for the 2nd patch to come out, so until this video I had not actually seen it happen. That was bad....dude was clearly out of bounds. And it continues game after game? Hopefullly the 2nd or 3rd or 4th patch will correct it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »