Home

Out of Bounds Recognition

This is a discussion on Out of Bounds Recognition within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2008, 10:37 AM   #25
MVP

Garrett67's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Out of Bounds Recognition

I have a play on EA sports highlight (or at least saved) where the CPU caught the ball about 3 yards out of bounds, he was basically crashing into the benches, it was ruled incomplete but they challenged it (it might have been a booth challenge). Anyway, it was overturned and ruled complete. Needless to say, I just about lost my mind LOL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2008, 04:08 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadeye15
I know what you mean...

That happened recently, 0 feet inbounds, was called a catch. I challenged it and it was still ruled a catch. Its getting pretty frustrating but oh well, what can you do.
I don't care what anyone at EA says about this, there is NO WAY testers did not see this stuff happening. That just proves that EA took the "Screw'em, we'll patch it later" approach, and that's just not right. Especially when stuff is so overly blatent, and a so called challenge system in the game which is as useless as those stupid, God-awful Jostens rings.

With Madden being such a big name, and a flagship "franchise" (funny since the franchise is bare bones) it's pretty inexcusable that they allow bugs like this hit the market. I guess here is where I mention that exclusive rights and no competition leads to garbage like this in games...Thank you for having a video of it. I didn't have one, and haven't looked to see how to embed a vid on here either.

Last edited by BIGROC; 09-05-2008 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Bad word removed, bug still in.
Old 09-05-2008, 04:18 PM   #27
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGROC
I don't care what anyone at EA says about this, there is NO WAY testers did not see this stuff happening. That just proves that EA took the "F***'em, we'll patch it later" approach, and that's just not right. Especially when stuff is so overly blatent, and a so called challenge system in the game which is as useless as those stupid, God-awful Jostens rings.

With Madden being such a big name, and a flagship "franchise" (funny since the franchise is bare bones) it's pretty inexcusable that they allow bugs like this hit the market. I guess here is where I mention that exclusive rights and no competition leads to garbage like this in games...Thank you for having a video of it. I didn't have one, and haven't looked to see how to embed a vid on here either.
Tone it down a notch. Please. The whole ****'em thing isn't cool. Brian

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 09-05-2008, 04:42 PM   #28
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
Tone it down a notch. Please. The whole ****'em thing isn't cool. Brian
Sorry, I figured since I used the * that it wouldn't a biggie. I'll edit it.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:01 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadeye15
I know what you mean...

That happened recently, 0 feet inbounds, was called a catch. I challenged it and it was still ruled a catch. Its getting pretty frustrating but oh well, what can you do.
That happened to me the other night, but the call was overturned after review. And yeah it can a bit frustrating when a player doesn't seem to be aware of where he is in relation to the sideline. While it's true that this is a common occurance in the NFL, the higher awareness guys shouldn't be doing that.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:03 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGROC
I don't care what anyone at EA says about this, there is NO WAY testers did not see this stuff happening. That just proves that EA took the "Screw'em, we'll patch it later" approach, and that's just not right. Especially when stuff is so overly blatent, and a so called challenge system in the game which is as useless as those stupid, God-awful Jostens rings.
The challenge system works correctly the majority of the time. Do you even have the game?
Old 09-05-2008, 05:16 PM   #31
MVP

Garrett67's Arena

OVR: 20

Besides the out of bounds issue,

Has anyone noticed that if the CPU running back has a clear shot to run, that he will make a perpendicular cut and hit a blocker. Its almost like the RB is acting as a defensive player. Its like he is attracted to a crowd.

I made this last night, it is the CPU running. Notice the wide open lane he has but what does he do? He takes a right turn into the crowd of defenders.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2008, 05:18 PM   #32
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicatz
The challenge system works correctly the majority of the time. Do you even have the game?
Are you kidding with me or are you being serious? My Gamer Tag is BIGROC, just like here, and I've played plenty of Madden, and yes, I own it. If you haven't had any issues with the challenges then you'd be the first I've heard of. Maybe all of us just don't understand how football works, and what the rules are that constitute a catch. It's a very prevalent issue, and gets magnified by just how egregious some of the stuff is...

Last edited by BIGROC; 09-05-2008 at 05:32 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »