Home

Madden 09 Quick Patch #2 Update From EA

This is a discussion on Madden 09 Quick Patch #2 Update From EA within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 01:38 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Madden 09 Quick Patch #2 Update From EA

How about we get a patch v1.5 this week for all the online glitches? and in 3 weeks you can release patch 2 for whatever else need to get fixed
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2008, 01:43 PM   #66
Go Wings!

OVR: 41
Re: Quick patch 2 update from EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
Believe me guys...as someone who didn't see the franchise freezing issue until Year 3, I am MORE than willing to wait 2-3 weeks for this patch. Nothing like dedicating 40 hours of your life to a video game only to find out you can't proceed on to Year 3.

Had it not been for this franchise freezing issue, I'm sure the patch would be in your hands much sooner...but that problem wasn't found until recently.

Ian and the rest of the crew at Tiburon...a very heart felt thank you!
Ditto...I can now play my franchise and not worry about all that time and effort being for nothing!

Thanks Ian and everyone!
Old 09-04-2008, 02:42 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 2

I am always very critical of EA, because of last year especially. But, IF...and I strongly emphasize "IF"...they have fixed the franchise freezing issue, on top of all the other issues addressed in this upcoming patch...then they've redeemed themselves...(albeit slightly). Now, if they can incorporate these fixes into the next Madden, so that it'll be playable from Day 1...then they've made progress.

And if people are really complaining about the patch being delayed, to get the franchise fix in there... this is a message to you.

Are you outta your mind? Why would you complain?? Them fixing EXTRA is great, in comparison to what they've done lately. Suck it up the extra few weeks, and play NCAA 09 and get yourself some draft classes saved up or something. The 1st day of this month, was the first time I even turned on NCAA, just waiting for the time to get closer for Madden to be fixed (if it was gonna be). So, you should try the same.

Anyway, while I am cautious to be optimistic at all (and who can blame me), this patch...for once...has promise. Lets see if what's good on paper, transfers over into something good on the consoles.
Old 09-04-2008, 03:06 PM   #68
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfansiny79
I agree that Ea could of just said hold off on sending that patch out, but why. Couldn't they just let the patch go threw and sumbit the franchise patch later.
It's not that easy. EA is allowed two patches per game. That's why Ian and Co. are trying to sell MS on the DLC angle for the "sim" stuff. So see as the franchise issue was a pretty big "gamekiller" it was probably best to yank the submitted patch and get the franchise fix in. Brian

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Last edited by BrianFifaFan; 09-04-2008 at 03:25 PM.
Old 09-04-2008, 03:23 PM   #69
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

WOW, the PATCH won't hit the airwaves to @ least the 1st week in OCT.... I guess once a sucker, always a sucker...
Old 09-04-2008, 03:23 PM   #70
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
Uhhh...an e-mail?

Pretty simple to me. You guys kill me sometimes.
Thanks for sounding pompous, when what I was REALLY trying to ask is seeing as the patch was submitted somewhere around 8/25, I would THINK MS/Sony would have already done some serious work into the testing of the patch. My question was more related to how EA can call them and say "wait, I know you just wasted almost 1 1/2 weeks of your employees time testing what we sent you, but we want to RE-submit a new one with one more fix in it"

I would THINK that the more logical (and cost effective) way would be to just submit the ONE new fix since MS/Sony were PROBABLY close to having the first patch finalized, and let them test the NEW fix as an 'addendum" to what was already sent.

Don't misunderstand me, I am not flaming.....just mildly disappointed that after waiting in HOPES of having the glitches/bugs fixed NEAR the opening of the actual season, we're now back where we started on the 25th, that's all.
Old 09-04-2008, 03:51 PM   #71
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
WOW, the PATCH won't hit the airwaves to @ least the 1st week in OCT.... I guess once a sucker, always a sucker...
Really man, I was hoping to get my franchise going sooner, now I just will have to enjoy NCAA more because there patch 2 came out, 3 more weeks that's stupid.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2008, 03:56 PM   #72
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96

Maybe my calendar skills suck but Ian said the patch would be submitted tomorrow Sept. 5 and he said MS/Sony would take 2-3 weeks. That means at the earliest we would get the patch Sept 19th and the latest we will get it is the 26th. I dont know where you got the first week of Oct.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »