Home

The un-official "Top 25 must-haves" list

This is a discussion on The un-official "Top 25 must-haves" list within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2008, 09:56 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 52
Re: The un-official "Top 25 must-haves" list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono078
Sorry, I guess the rings and trophies.

They have some stats but are bit all over the place and not very accessible and easy to compare like they were as in Madden 04.
Maybe I wasn't clear enough...I meant take something out of the top 25 to add your user profile feature.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:59 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
Maybe I wasn't clear enough...I meant take something out of the top 25 to add your user profile feature.
Ah, gotcha.

For me I would take out in game saves, to be perfectly honest I play no more than 5 min quarters, and if I need to go i'll just turn the game off or pause it til I get back. So for me that isn't high on the list.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:00 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 24

Ian, if you implemented 3/4 of the things on that list, Madden 2010 would be absolutely fantastic and could possibly give the EA NHL franchise a run for it's money.

One thing that I would like to add with the presentation department: Make the players interact with each other more often.

For example, if a QB overthrows a WR, have them walking back to the sideline talking to each other. Have defensive players celebrate with each other. Have coaches all over the sidelines with the players.

Nothing to add to the list, just explaining what I hope the first point is.

Madden 09's gameplay is really solid and the best next-gen Madden by far. 2010 has so much potential.

Oh, and another note. Re-do the in-game stat overlays. Make them much more ESPN-like. You have the license, use it. Put player pitches in there and put season stats, game stats, etc. you know the drill. I love the Blitz overlay with hurries and such, but the box is big and too wierd-looking. Just my thought, not a big deal.

Last edited by tyler289; 09-03-2008 at 10:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2008, 10:09 PM   #12
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
Alright Dwight, what would you remove to add those?
If it takes up space then the ring system. I don't see much of a point in getting a new virtual ring. And EA sports rewind if it takes up space. I don't think too many people here use that.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:11 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZRr1275
If it takes up space then the ring system. I don't see much of a point in getting a new virtual ring. And EA sports rewind if it takes up space. I don't think too many people here use that.
Again I guess I didn't explain this well enough. I mean remove something out of the top 25. Assume you only get to do 25 new things...so if you want team sliders, what do you remove from my original top 25?
Old 09-03-2008, 10:11 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 8

That list looks great and covers everything I would want in Madden.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:13 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 6

Awesome list Ian. Seems to be the general consensus around here of what the community as a whole wants. Here's the things I would add/remove in the list you provided for my Top 25.

Add

Gameplay / Animation
  • 10. Allow us to choose what we want to challenge (like 2k5)
General
  • 3. Option to choose pants/jerseys separately and allow us to see them at the uniform select screen
  • 5. Half sacks and assisted tackles
Remove

Gameplay / Animation
  • 10. Make user-catching easier: With the removal of strafe catching, many people are struggling to user catch and would like it to be balanced so you can still "go up and get it"
General
  • 3. Custom Cameras
  • 5. In-Game Saves (I know some people want it, but personally I wouldn't ever use it)
Also, I'd just like to add that I don't mind the training drills in franchise and don't really consider them fluff. However, I wouldn't mind seeing more added for specific positions. I mean, doing the bench press to increase a kicker's leg doesn't really make sense. I also prefer the WR/DB drills from Legacy Gen as opposed to the ones that are in there now. I also wouldn't mind seeing a training camp added before the season like on Legacy Gen, but I assume that would fall under the More Franchise Features you listed even if there's no intention to include it.

Lastly, any chance you (or the lead franchise guy who's name escapes me at the moment) can start a similar thread to this one so that we can list franchise specific things we'd like to see?

Last edited by mikeveli20; 09-03-2008 at 10:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2008, 10:20 PM   #16
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

Holy #&^@# shoot for the moon much? I love your list bro. It would be nice to include some injury sliders within the section of 'more sliders'.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »