Home

The un-official "Top 25 must-haves" list

This is a discussion on The un-official "Top 25 must-haves" list within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2008, 11:57 AM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: The un-official "Top 25 must-haves" list

if that list was accomplished for 2010 i would be insanely happy. the gameplay fixes that you listed are most important to me. i would rather have the game look exactly like it does this year. have the same franchise that isn't that great right now, just to have those gameplay fixes.

the reason for this is that even though i enjoy franchise i wont play it for very long if the gameplay isn't there. in the last two years i cant tell you how many times i have just decided to turn off the game because its impossible to stop the cpu from completing a 6 yard pass on 3rd and 5.

i can't remember right now if anything about playbooks was on the list but i would sacrifice something like an online franchise that a smaller number would play in order to have more detailed play books.

what i mean by this is that right now specifically on defense we have the basic idea of defenses in the playbooks. we dont have the ability to make a defense great based on play calling. every year you hear about how a team won a game because of some "exotic" defense they used. right now the most "exotic" defense we have at our disposal is a zone blitz. you guys have said that you have had the access to the coaches and that you have seen these teams playbooks and understand the defenses and could get them in the game. it would be great to see them in the game sooner rather than later.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2008, 12:15 PM   #66
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
One thing I would like removed is the NFL films music during replays... TV style presentation is what we are after.
Please don't listen to this man; that music is one of my favorite parts of Madden '09.

As for the list itself? That's pretty darn good. In-game saves are a biggie for me.
Old 09-04-2008, 12:42 PM   #67
MVP

ausar72's Arena

OVR: 12

Oh Yeah!

I forgot in my previous post but please add Custom Stadium Music to Madden.

It actually makes a bit more sense to add to the pro game instead of the college, when you think about. College games are more about the bands and school's music which you have already and works nice, even without the current stadium music that you have in this year's game.

But I have been waiting for the day when this feature is returned to the pro game, so i can hear "Hail to the Redskins!" playing every time my team scores. Not since 2K5 had this down, have I been able to replicate this in a video game. That was the first and, oddly enough, the ONLY time we have been able to do something like that in a football, up until this year's NCAA. It was truly and innovative feature when it was introduced over four years ago, and it would be nice to see it come back in next year's game!
Old 09-04-2008, 12:57 PM   #68
W* B*ck!!

Scoop 24's Arena

OVR: 24

virtual espn countdown crew. use that license.
MLB: New York Yankees
Old 09-04-2008, 01:15 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 13
Red face Re: The un-official "Top 25 must-haves" list

3. Collinsworth = good, Hammond = not so much: Hammond comes across too robotic with too much stitching. He needs to be replaced or re-recorded.

this i can do without because i hardly listen to what the announcers say. plus anything is better than that radio guy saying they got us or whatever. if you could attach playbooks to coaches and offensive coordinators(like dude said 3 or 4 posts above) then i would be very happy.

4. More animated gear: towels, handwarmers, chin straps

also please ignore this one if you can make the 3-4 make sense in this game. add the NT (nose tackle) position and either make 3-4 ends into tackles, or at least make DT's higher rated as d ends in the 3-4 and make DE's able to play OLB in the 3-4. i know no everyone cares about this but i think it would seriously add to the depth of franchise mode if teams had different priorities based on players that fit in their system

5. Degradation: sliding marks in the snow, better field degradation

also something i could do without if my QB cadence idea was considered. rather then just hitting one of two buttons to snap the ball or hard count, after you call the play you get the option of choosing first sound(when you get to the line of scrimmage and everyone is set) set, 1,2,quick 2, or never snap like on 4th down when you're just trying to draw the team offsides (check my post in 2k10 wishlist) if i hit the button at the wrong time in the cadence (or if i had low awareness players they might forget its on 2 and not 1) then my team would jump offsides. if i call it on the same count every time then the defense would start jumping the snap. if i want to, i can also hit RB(or PS3 equivalent) at the appropriate times to try and draw the defense offsides. this also has a slight risk of making my low awareness players jump offsides. also if you want to bluff someone you're sitting next to, each count sound could be attributed to a specific button.

9. Re-vamp kicking: Universally agreed that it's too automatic and not very stressful.

i can just make kicking harder with sliders, i'd much rather have improved audibles. whether they're formation specific, specific to the personnel package on the field or whatever, its just not realistic to do audibles the way they are.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:32 PM   #70
MVP

OVR: 25

Ian, I love your list because it has signature styles on it. I would actually like to see animated gear. Buckling chinstraps,hand towels,shirts beneath the jersey,hand warmers. How much time could those little things possibly take up? The "C" patch that you added for the team captains was awesome!

Last edited by AlexBrady; 09-04-2008 at 01:38 PM.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:32 PM   #71
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Remove

3. Collinsworth = good, Hammond = not so much: Hammond comes across too robotic with too much stitching. He needs to be replaced or re-recorded.

Add

Please give us an actual NFL SIZED Roster to work with! People shouldn't have to buy HC for this

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2008, 01:33 PM   #72
Banned

OVR: 28

Wow these are all so good I shudder to think what madedn 2010 is gonna look like. As far as my input I would like this:

1. Presentation wise: Commentary has already been addressed, however prgressive in game state tracking could be a little more in depth. I love how MLB 08 the show tracks a players individual preformance. If you could somehow get in more depth with stat tracking for players throught game/season that would be noce.

2. I love the field gear animation, towels and stuff. That has been a must have request since I saw it on fever. I also would like it if you guys implemented the sleeve options instead of just tight and regular. Like matt ryan wears like a loose sleeve with a tight under armor sleeves beneath his pads. I have provided a link so you know what I am talking about. http://www.atlantafalcons.com/media_library/Photos/2008/08/Preseason_Game_4_Baltimore/gdpreravens02.aspx QB's mostly have this. Also the revolution style helmets need to be added. There are new ones the ken hamlin wears and others. I think the ones in the current madded is outdated.

3. I would also like to see a different injury aniamtion like maybe trainers coming out or something.

4. Incoming rookies improted from madden need somekind of rating reworks so that if they are a 90+ on NCAA they are liek low to mid 80's on the NFL.

5. More interactive sidelines. Players interacting, or man here you go, make a cutscene where it shows players goofing off and more cutsenes overall. I know its hard to keep graphics and FPS with all the additions so cutscenes would be more ideal.

6. I would ESPN top 10 plays of the week!!!!!!!! With the boomer stewart or john buccicross? Commentary I would love to be troy aikman and his sidekick guy. They are good. I am not sayin but I am just sayin. LOL

* I want you guys to know I love this years madden. You guys made huge strides and as soon as the 2nd patch is released I will be playing more. Cant wait to see what the new management decides to implement. Tell frazier to get hoping on the baseball games!!!!!*

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »