Home

Would you pay $75 for Madden if...

This is a discussion on Would you pay $75 for Madden if... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2008, 09:13 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Would you pay $75 for Madden if...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpe1975
Would you pay $75 for Madden if it meant that EA could hire enough staff to thoroughly test the game so that the customer didn't have to beta test the game year in and year out?

I would. The video gaming world has created an environment where game producers can release unfinished products and rely on the feedback of their customers to point out the flaws so that they can fix it. Essentially, we are not only working for free, but working and paying them.

Now, I don't want to be overly harsh. I think they did a great job this year overall. I also understand that with a sports game there is added pressure to release games every year. Still, it is the responsibility of any company to meet the challenges presented by the market and provide the consumer with a quality, finished process.

Not no...but HELL NO.

So what your really asking is whether we would pay $75 for a game that works as advertised? The very game that we have the right to expect at the current price.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:13 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 2

In before the lock. This was discussed once somewhere probably. Dig through all the threads and pages on this site until you find something that slightly resembles what you are talking about.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:25 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 21

Yeah, I'd pay more for Madden, maybe as much as $80-100. I'd be very very hesistant though, unless I was personally involved in some pre-release beta test. I'd have to be positive the game would have better CPU AI/sliders/immersion and be without all the bugs/glitches/exploits/online cheeze.

However, If I wasn't 100% sure about there being serious improvements (not just new gimmicky features), I would certainly wait several weeks after release so I could check these forums before giving up any more than $60.

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Old 09-04-2008, 11:14 AM   #20
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

No!
Old 09-04-2008, 04:07 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by boooey
After NFL2k5 sold for $19.99 , there is no chance i would pay a penny over 59.99

Quoted for TRUTH
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2008, 05:08 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 5

Everyone always talks about other games with bugs and what not, but I have never played a game with as many game killing bugs that madden has had the past 4 or 5 years.

Maybe I don't play enough games, but that is quite a few of them.

I mean honestly how many years is it going on where the franchise is pretty much broke?
Old 09-04-2008, 05:52 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 8

I would pay $59.99 for a game which is properly tested, programmed, and released by a billion-dollar company. That's what I would do.

EA Sports has made the decision that their sports games are released yearly rather than 2+ year life cycles like most other video games in existence. And if they're going to continue charging $60 for something that is this buggy, then they should expect to be held to high standards.

Just imagine how much better this franchise would be if 2 years went in between games, with a roster/uniform/schedule update released in between to hold everyone over until the next "full" version. EA Sports has the ability to make this game what we all want it to be, but they'll never do it.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:04 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 5

how much better the game would be? Lets be totally honest, EA sports has never been innovative with their work. They can say they are, but the game really hasn't changed much over the past 5 years game play engine wise.

Whats sad is that the game play engine has remained the same, yet there is still that many bugs in the game! lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »