Home

Would you pay $75 for Madden if...

This is a discussion on Would you pay $75 for Madden if... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2008, 06:07 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Would you pay $75 for Madden if...

How about I play regular price and play a game that DOESNT have game killing bugs? Like so many other games I've played over the years??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2008, 07:59 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 6

Probably yah. same goes for college basketball nhl and college football.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:51 PM   #27
MVP

xylocaine's Arena

OVR: 12

I paid 89.99 plus tax for the CE So 75 would be a steal!
Old 09-04-2008, 09:45 PM   #28
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Icon6 Re: Would you pay $75 for Madden if...

If I paid 60 for what Madden 09 is then it stands to reason that I'd pay 75 for a better game. Most all of us would. Heres the problem though......

If more money = more programmers then that would mean more code to be tested but not more time to test it. Also, there is a cap to how much can be programmed in a given amount of time no matter how many people are working because it all has to be tested both individually and in terms of how it all meshes together.

So.....more code + same testing time=a buggier game.

Other games mentioned in this thread such as GTA IV and 2k5 all had years to be developed. Factor in patching/rosters to a previous version + testing + mass production and Madden has about 8-10 months max to churn out a new game with new features and a new hook for marketing purposes. Not to mention that Sony, MS, and the NFL all probably want their concerns heard as well.

It's a daunting task that money simply would not be able to fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Old 09-04-2008, 10:07 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 17

I don't have to pay $75, I only have to pay $60. And I think Madden 09 is a pretty darn good football game and well worth my cash this year. This is actually the first year since 05 i've paid money for a new copy. Games that are released yearly will always have bugs, more so than non-sports games. Games that have mutliple years of development still have bugs. And there are no "gamekilling" bugs in Madden 09, nor were there any of that kind in Madden 08 or 07.

Ever play that Matrix game on xbox? That game had what was a real gamekilling bug in that if you played through with the male character you reached a point where you were in the sewer levels and you had to retrieve an item for the game to progress. The bug would not allow you to pick up that item once you found it, and therefore, the game literally could not continue. THAT'S a gamekilling bug. And there were no patches for it.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:46 PM   #30
Pro

TurboTitan's Arena

OVR: 6

Since they seem unable to thoroughly test the game for bugs in things like roster/player editing and franchise, IMO, they should take a page from Bungie's book and offer up a pre-release Beta test over XBL and Sony online, so that the COMMUNITY can get hands on with the game and find the faults. We usually discover most everything that is out of wack within the first couple days. I see that as a win/win, but I doubt they would ever do it because if the beta is filled with bugs, it could negatively effect their bottom line.....and they are in this thing to make money, like any successful company.
Old 09-06-2008, 06:01 PM   #31
R**k**

whosgotcha's Arena

OVR: 18

nope
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2008, 06:51 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWurks6
EA makes so much money off madden it's not funny. There should be NO shortage of workers for their cash cow. It's not like they remake the game every year, it's obvious they just tweek some stuff and add gimmicks. That's it. I bet Madden has one of the lowest budgets for production in the gaming world.
Right on! You're 100% and there is no excuse for the crap we get year after year. EA only cares about the bottom line not realizing that the competition will... oh...never mind.
"Because he's the hero Gotham deserves...but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him...because he can take it...because he's not a hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector...the Dark Knight."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »