Home

Does The Size of a Player Matter?

This is a discussion on Does The Size of a Player Matter? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2008, 10:31 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Does The Size of a Player Matter?

This is something that has been on my mind for some time now and would like to know the answer. Does the size of a player mattter in this game? If I have a NT who is 6'5 330 pounds and a NT who is 5'11 285 pounds and both have the same attributes will they both have the same effectiveness?

Realistically a 5'11 285 pound NT in a 3-4 scheme would get manhandled and this should be the case as opposed to a 6'5 330 pound NT in a 3-4 scheme would be a load to handle and would need to be double teamed on a consistent basis. I like to play the 3-4 and draft big players across the board but if doesn't change their effectiveness whats the point.

This size issue is a question for every position and would like a definite answer because right now I'm convinced size means nothing in this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2008, 01:42 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Does The Size of a Player Matter?

It probably doesnt mean near as much on madden as it does in the NFL. But I wouldnt say its toataly meaningless or anything. Like if you got a 6'3 CB and a 5'9 CB with the same attributes the 6'3 guy is going to be better since he can get up higher on deep balls. If you have a big fat guy playing nose tackle I'd say that would make a difference in the run game, like if a back runs straight up the middle he'd be more likely to run into a fat guy, and jumping to block passes at the line for a taller guy would be an advantage.
Old 09-04-2008, 03:46 PM   #3
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

I don't think it matters at all. There are some attributes that matter, but size is not one of them. Create a 5'5 160 lb DT. He will work just as good as someone 3x his size.
Old 09-04-2008, 03:55 PM   #4
C*rr*ntly *n L*f* T*lt

USF11's Arena

OVR: 19

Someone needs to find video of the glitch in Madden and NCAA where a 6 inch player dominates the game.
Old 09-04-2008, 03:55 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 0

In before the lock. Use the search feature. We had a 512 page thread that discussed this in great length (no pun intended). It was somewhere in the middle of that, a few sentences down the page. Im getting close to just banning this entire forum and lighting my own hair on fire. Questions are unacceptable here. Locked.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2008, 03:59 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamVinatieri4xsbchamp
It probably doesnt mean near as much on madden as it does in the NFL.
LOL

I think this statement is funny...very funny....also revealing.
Old 09-04-2008, 04:04 PM   #7
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

No, I don't think it matters at all in the game. Sports games have always seemed to have a tough time representing this.
Old 09-04-2008, 04:39 PM   #8
Banned

sois's Arena

I wonder why this is so hard to represent. I guess because not all big guys are strong and not all skinny guys are fast.

In real life, I know a guy who is 6'6", 350 lbs and he is pretty freakin' weak. So I guess the only thing that really matters are the ratings, but in Madden, even that is unclear.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »