Home

Is this a fair trade??

This is a discussion on Is this a fair trade?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2008, 11:02 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Is this a fair trade??

I am playing Madden and am going to run with the Bengals.
Would any of you think this trade is fair, I am using Head Coach's 08 draft to re-do the draft with who I want.

Here it is:

Oakland gets: 1st Rd 2008 Pick (#9), 2nd Rd Pick 2009, (WR) T.J. Houshmanzadeh, and (RB) Kenny Watson

Cincinnati gets: 1st Rd 2008 Pick (#4)

So basically we will get McFadden and they get Keith Rivers or whoever they want to pick at 9.

Tell me what you guys think? If it's unfair I wont do it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2008, 11:08 AM   #2
Th* *p*r*t**n *f Sp*rts

CS10029's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Is this a fair trade??

I would say no Oakland is getting a lot more for a pick thats only 5 spots later. TJ is a very good WR and the player they will get with the #9 pick will be a stud most likely also. Plus the 2nd round pick... nah man you are giving up too much.
I don't like the Yankees, I like the Red Sox, I don't like the Lakers, I like the Celtics, I hate the Canadiens and I love the Bruins. Soccer is the best sport on Earth, but most Americans are too ignorant to realize it. I am American.

This is My Music:
www.youtube.com/user/christoffascott
Old 09-06-2008, 11:08 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 39

Fair enough for video games..do the trade.
Old 09-06-2008, 11:10 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

I think that trade is absolutely crazy. I personally would not do that. Only because if I were the bengals I know I would be getting ripped off. A first, a second and kenny watson. That isn't so bad, still not good though. But don't throw in TJ also. Just my opinion because your'e seriously diminishing your offense by getting rid of TJ.

http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=10205120
Old 09-06-2008, 11:12 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by faytes
I think that trade is absolutely crazy. I personally would not do that. Only because if I were the bengals I know I would be getting ripped off. A first, a second and kenny watson. That isn't so bad, still not good though. But don't throw in TJ also. Just my opinion because your'e seriously diminishing your offense by getting rid of TJ.
The only reason I was thinking it had to include TJ is because the Raiders need a WR and to be honest - the bottom line is you're getting McFadden. To me a core of Palmer, Ocho Cinco, and DMac is worth doing the deal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2008, 11:14 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by QB Eagles
The only reason I was thinking it had to include TJ is because the Raiders need a WR and to be honest - the bottom line is you're getting McFadden. To me a core of Palmer, Ocho Cinco, and DMac is worth doing the deal.
Yea, it will hurt you alot this year but in two or 3 years when Jerome Simpson turns into a beast you will be fine. I still think it's a killer. Personally I would be trading to get Mayo, Gholston, Dorsey. One of the big stud defensive players which is really where you need help for the bengals.

http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=10205120
Old 09-06-2008, 11:15 AM   #7
Th* *p*r*t**n *f Sp*rts

CS10029's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by QB Eagles
I would say you can do the deal without TJ. Maybe even without the other HB.
I don't like the Yankees, I like the Red Sox, I don't like the Lakers, I like the Celtics, I hate the Canadiens and I love the Bruins. Soccer is the best sport on Earth, but most Americans are too ignorant to realize it. I am American.

This is My Music:
www.youtube.com/user/christoffascott
Old 09-06-2008, 10:18 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 8

In real life, one of the two players wouldn't be included and Oakland would end up giving up a 4th or 5th rounder. Too much salary moving around with both of those players being traded. TJ is an asset, but he's expensive as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »