Home

AGREE/DISAGREE: Scrap Madden 2010, start fresh with "Madden NFL Football"

This is a discussion on AGREE/DISAGREE: Scrap Madden 2010, start fresh with "Madden NFL Football" within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2008, 10:33 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: AGREE/DISAGREE: Scrap Madden 2010, start fresh with "Madden NFL Football"

I disagree, honestly I think the engine is fine as it is, and doing that while making it better in the long run, will cause baby step leaps like we are used to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2008, 10:57 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 5

I think the madden engine has reached it's potential and the more stuff they try to add to it the more issues that seem to pop up.

I said this a while back in MM about it is time to take a year off and rebuild the entire thing. Fix it finally, or go to a new engine that is truly next generation like all these other games have done with their games.

The potential is there for something great, but year after year all we ever see out of EA is average at best.

I just wish they cared as much as we did about the game.

It is time for EA to hire some new producers, testers, developers, etc... We are going on several years of serious bugs that these people have continued to fail to find and fix at times.

fire them all
Old 09-07-2008, 11:08 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 6

a year off is what they should do every year.we dont need a madden every year,just give us a roster DL every other year
Old 09-07-2008, 11:42 AM   #28
MVP

OVR: 52

DISAGREE

(I get to vote right?)

I don't want to scrap the first version that I get to design

Here's some reasoning behind my vote:
#1 (and really the only reason needed). Madden CAN'T take a year off due to licensing restrictions.
#2. If Madden 2010 was only a roster update with a promise of a better 2011, I think the majority of this forum would be up in arms, and you guys would be the ONLY ones that would even be remotely forgiving. Expect every review to be in the toilet, expect a PR nightmare, and expect all the rest of the non-forum fans to be extremely upset. A major gaffe like that could easily be the death of the franchise and the last version of Madden ever (though I don't know if that would bother some of the folks lurking around here).
#3. As a few people have said, as I've been working on the planning process for 2010, I honestly don't think that the one year cycle is truly the biggest issue, nor has it been. It's tough to make MASSIVE changes obviously, but IMO, it's all about design direction - the last 3 years of design direction (I don't count 06) haven't melded with what you all really want out of Madden. The good news is that the Madden 2010 design team follows a design direction that is MUCH closer to yours. We definitely shook things up a bit - there isn't a single designer on my team that was on the 07, 08, or 09 teams.

It's tough to make a game that pleases millions of people, varying from 10 year old kids that are just picking it up for the first time to folks like the ones on these forums that pick apart every single detail and are frustrated when defensive linemen don't have correct aiming points. No matter what, there will be complaints out there...and I've realized that. In other words, we'll never be able to stop making the game better. As I've said before though, the reason EA Sports (not just Madden) is on the map is because it broke through with games that were extremely realistic, especially for the time. I really didn't know a thing about the NHL or NFL at age 12 when I got my first EA Sports games, and they started teaching me everything about the real sports. That's still the design mindset I have (along with Phil and many others that are now on the design team) - a game can be realistic and fun, and fans of the sport will actually pick up the details and make them into much bigger / life-long fans.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:45 AM   #29
MVP

BIG CAROLINA's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
DISAGREE

(I get to vote right?)

#1 (and really the only reason needed). Madden CAN'T take a year off due to licensing restrictions.
#2. If Madden 2010 was only a roster update with a promise of a better 2011, I think the majority of this forum would be up in arms, and you guys would be the ONLY ones that would even be remotely forgiving. Expect every review to be in the toilet, expect a PR nightmare, and expect all the rest of the non-forum fans to be extremely upset. A major gaffe like that could easily be the death of the franchise and the last version of Madden ever (though I don't know if that would bother some of the folks lurking around here).
#3. As a few people have said, as I've been working on the planning process for 2010, I honestly don't think that the one year cycle is truly the biggest issue, nor has it been. It's tough to make MASSIVE changes obviously, but IMO, it's all about design direction - the last 3 years of design direction (I don't count 06) haven't melded with what you all really want out of Madden. The good news is that the Madden 2010 design team follows a design direction that is MUCH closer to yours. We definitely shook things up a bit - there isn't a single designer on my team that was on the 07, 08, or 09 teams.

It's tough to make a game that pleases millions of people, varying from 10 year old kids that are just picking it up for the first time to folks like the ones on these forums that pick apart every single detail and are frustrated when defensive linemen don't have correct aiming points. No matter what, there will be complaints out there...and I've realized that. In other words, we'll never be able to stop making the game better. As I've said before though, the reason EA Sports (not just Madden) is on the map is because it broke through with games that were extremely realistic, especially for the time. I really didn't know a thing about the NHL or NFL at age 12 when I got my first EA Sports games, and they started teaching me everything about the real sports. That's still the design mindset I have (along with Phil and many others that are now on the design team) - a game can be realistic and fun, and fans of the sport will actually pick up the details and make them into much bigger / life-long fans.
#4. MONEY. Lets keep it real here. Should be #1,but I know you can't say that here.

PSN: BIG_CAROLINA

"Life is too short for a man to hold bitterness in his heart."
Marshall W. "Major" Taylor

Last edited by BIG CAROLINA; 09-07-2008 at 11:47 AM.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:47 AM   #30
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
DISAGREE

(I get to vote right?)

As much as I am enjoying '09, I can't help but be anxious to hear about whats going to be included in '10.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 09-07-2008, 12:06 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 5

You know what is sad, it is the same every year a month or two after that years game releases,

We will get it fixed next year or we will get it right next year, well sorry people this has been going on now for 4 or more years! lmao

At what point will you wake up and understand it's never going to be fixed.

Next year, next year, next year how many times can a company say that to you and you still believe them?

Give me a break.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2008, 01:51 PM   #32
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauk
You know what is sad, it is the same every year a month or two after that years game releases,

We will get it fixed next year or we will get it right next year, well sorry people this has been going on now for 4 or more years! lmao

At what point will you wake up and understand it's never going to be fixed.

Next year, next year, next year how many times can a company say that to you and you still believe them?

Give me a break.
And every year we have someone like you to remind$ us how "stupid" we are for looking forward to the next installment of the game. And when are some people going to wake up and understand that there are people that enjoy the game.

Give me and those who enjoy the game, a break.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 09-07-2008 at 01:54 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »