Home

AGREE/DISAGREE: Scrap Madden 2010, start fresh with "Madden NFL Football"

This is a discussion on AGREE/DISAGREE: Scrap Madden 2010, start fresh with "Madden NFL Football" within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2008, 07:11 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 52
Re: AGREE/DISAGREE: Scrap Madden 2010, start fresh with "Madden NFL Football"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGmen56
You could only hope and pray...

But I don't think even that would make a difference.

Ian & Co. know that the top people who do have a say in everything would be like, "what? why we would we do that, we are making enough money just the way it is, why change" just fix add a couple more gimmicks and walla a new game! Why do you thing they have the same game engine since like 2000?? We ALL know Madden game engine needs a change, but we are asking for the impossible..
What do you think the "game engine" entails?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2008, 07:24 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
I believe what he thinks is that "The Evil Money Hungry EA CORPORATION" is dictating what Tiburon can and cannot change to the actual game (gameplay).

Yea.... Wonder if that same EVIL EA sent Madden developers to this very forum to ASK US for input on what we would like to see changed or corrected in the next series....

Some of you guys should THINK before you post.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:29 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 2

How about they stop being greedy and take the time to test actually test the gameplay? Esp. Franchise mode. instead of being lazy and releasing a game that FREEZES after your second season.

How could you forget to implement an injury slider? This is an NFL right sim, right?

I apologize if i sound cruel but i'm tired of getting fleeced by shoddy products. That's why the American automotive industry is suffering. If you work hard and put out an honest TESTED product people will buy it. It's that simple. People will always complain, i agree. But EA is just plain greedy. I'm sorry but that's the REALITY of the situation. Hopefully China or Japan will start making Madden one day. Until then we'll be having the same lame debt topics each year.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:43 AM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
And every year we have someone like you to remind$ us how "stupid" we are for looking forward to the next installment of the game. And when are some people going to wake up and understand that there are people that enjoy the game.

Give me and those who enjoy the game, a break.
Dude. Are you a Pollyanna?
Old 09-08-2008, 02:07 AM   #45
MVP

OVR: 22

I think it would be too hasty of move at this point.. with one of the administrator's already repying with my point of view on this (i feel exactly the same)... the change's needed at tiburon already happened a few months ago with Ian at lead. I think its only fair to give him and tiburon another season before even suggesting such a thing.

Personally with the madden dev's hanging out at these forums looking at our input and suggestions for madden 2010, i think we will be getting something very nice next year. I also firmy believe we'll FINALLY see that atmosphere and presentation we've been waiting for .. i really think madden 2010 WILL BE that madden we've been waiting for so patiently on 360/ps3.

Lets see what madden turns out to be next year with Ian as the lead for the tiburon team and all the input they have got from us thus far.

I honestly believe us (the community) along with Ian and the rest of the tiburon team will have helped make Madden 2010 the ultimate Madden to date in Madden History... and with all of us in here actively trying to give opinions, idea's, input, etc for the next madden will greatly help make Ian and the rest of the team madden a whole lot better next year...So in other words, we the members of this forum should feel quite proud and happy to know we actually have helped make Madden 2010 a better game..that and ian at the lead, he seems to understand how important atmosphere and presenation, solid gameplay only works if all three are there in the game and working well in the game as a whole...

Peace,
Moegames

Last edited by Moegames; 09-08-2008 at 02:11 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2008, 02:51 AM   #46
Banned

OVR: 24

Haven't we asked for better presentation, referees, etc. before? And look where that got us-no refs, a lame radio guy of some sort, and a super bowl that may as well be a preseason game.

How's that gonna change for next year, Moegames????

Back on topic, I do think Madden's long overdue for a complete,"frame off" restoration. And so is the game.....*ahem*(Thank you, I'll be here all week)

It needs to be completely redone for next-gen, and if that means taking a year off, so be it. I can wait, so long as the wait is worth it.

Last edited by Segagendude; 09-08-2008 at 03:08 AM.
Old 09-08-2008, 03:55 AM   #47
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15

Well let me see Ian.. It entails of you guys just going for it no matter the cost, the time, or effort for the mess you guys have been putting out for the last couple of years..

Let me make it easy, the game Madden needs a total change, complete overhaul, transformation, variation, substitute, replacement, different, exchange, switch, fresh, new game engine...

I know i know, your going to say, those things take time, and we dont enough time for it to be done in a year.. So how do other company's do it?? So how does it ever get done?? Or better yet here is the million dollar question, and Ian be truthful with us...

Do you or EA Sports have an idea when you plan on changing the the Game Enigine??? Giving Madden Series a complete overhaul?? Is it something you guys are looking into the future for?? Or are you going to keep the same Engine for years to come??

Very easy to answer without giving much detail.. It would relieve alot of peoples minds here as well as mine. Because i would like to think you guys are looking into especailly when you are the only Football game out there with the NFL License. Bottom line is We all just want a better football game.. And I think we are all just getting tired of hearing, Next year.. Wait till next year, Madden will be good i promise..
Old 09-08-2008, 05:05 AM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtspit
a year off is what they should do every year.we dont need a madden every year,just give us a roster DL every other year
Wait. Isn't that 09?

Last edited by Lightbarer; 09-08-2008 at 05:07 AM. Reason: reedit

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »