Home

**Official Developer Q&A Thread**

This is a discussion on **Official Developer Q&A Thread** within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2008, 10:19 AM   #49
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: **Official Developer Q&A Thread**

An interesting question/opinion I've been wondering:

What do you think of Dummy sliders(seen in the OS slider forum)? Do you believe its a placebo effect?
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 09-30-2008, 10:32 AM   #50
MVP

OVR: 21

Thank you Ian for the responses!

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Old 09-30-2008, 10:47 AM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 4

Yes, thanks for responding and forwarding on my Wii question, Ian.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2008, 11:45 AM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 10

Are we going to be able to play an "Online Franchise" next year or just another "Online League?"

Ian I know you can't deliver 100% of wishes that are on the boards...but if you don't allocate the manpower to get in a nice robust online franchise mode I am going to have a breakdown. Come on you guys have to see the success the NCAA online dynasty has had! I think most people will even say Madden's gameplay is much better this year but a lot of people are playing NCAA instead because of the added replay value of the online dynasty. Let us online league guys be able to run multi years of online dynasty and then import all those draft classes of recruits (hopefully the proper tweaking of these draft classes is something on the 2010 list of things to do) and start up a Madden franchise. Can you imagine taking some TE that helped you win a big bowl game against a friend and then drafting him to your favorite NFL team and try to haunt your buddy all over again? Anyway I know you can't or won't comment on what makes the cut until probably next year but I just wanted to continue to put the bug in your ear for the online franchise that a poop load of us want!
Old 09-30-2008, 12:51 PM   #53
Rookie

oChaos_Nine's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by oChaos_Nine
My question for Ian is, when you read threads like "2010 Wishlist", "Top 25", "Bugs/Glitches" do you relay any of this info to the higher ups and possibly ask them to read it so you can get your point across? I know you're the Lead Dev and want a change but how much influence do you actually have on what goes in and what comes out? Do you have people you have to convince or is it what you say goes?

I'm just really wondering how meetings go between you and the person that writes your checks. If this question is more of a personal question to you then I appologize.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
- I actually do quote forum posts quite often to help drive home points when I give presentations. However, one thing I have been learning is that for the most part I have been given pretty autonomous control of Madden...meaning I don't have to sell everything that I want to do to people above me. For the most part (there are obviously some restrictions), if I want something in the game, it goes in the game. The limiting factor is just that there is a very finite amount of resources...usually not higher-ups disagreeing with my direction or ideas. So though everything I want in the game could go in the game, EVERYTHING I truly want doesn't always fit in the scope of what we could deliver in a year.
Glad to see my question was answered just the way I wanted to hear it . Keep us updated, thanks.
Old 09-30-2008, 01:04 PM   #54
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

I'm seeing field degradation at Gillette Stadium with the Patriots which is supposed to be a tuft field. Is it listed as a grass field in the game?

I'm still experiencing the same freezing issues at the post game highlight screen with a brand new post-patch franchise. Anything I can do here?
Old 09-30-2008, 01:20 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 2

Now that we have computer vs computer, why wasn't the broadcast camera view implented in this. Isn't this the reason we wanted com vs com, so that we can see the game in a broadcast perspective?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2008, 01:22 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 2

Ian, some of your responses led me to believe that there might still in fact be some work done on the 09 version:

1) Is it possible to tighten up man coverage for the more elite cornerbacks in the game? I'd like to be able to call a man coverage without getting torched on every play
2) Pre-snap defensive adjustments. When spread defensive linemen and linebackers, would it be possible to have them readjust their blitz based upon their new position?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »