Home

30 Days of Madden and I'm lovin it!

This is a discussion on 30 Days of Madden and I'm lovin it! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2008, 12:14 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: 30 Days of Madden and I'm lovin it!

Being this is one of the few "positive" threads I'll ask here ... Are most of you playing with Madden IQ settings, or are you using custom sliders (dummy profile, etc)?

I've been reading thru most of the posts since the game came out, but other than playing roughly 5-10 minutes of a game with my son, I have yet to even put the game in my 360, mainly because I've been too busy and I really don't play much while the weather is still nice outdoors. Today will be my first day of really messing around with the game and checking out all the menus, etc. I plan to play some games using IQ, but I will not bother with the test based on the reviews I've seen. I'll just allow my ratings to start at 500 and go from there.

If I understand correctly there is only one roster update for me to get at this point, and also one patch. Will these simultaneously download or do I need to access LIVE twice to get both of them?

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2008, 12:25 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 10

Hey what level/sliders do you use if you dont mind posting them? Cause I just cant get the game set to where I can struggle with the 49ers but without allowing the cpu qb to throw for 80%. I want to fight to win games (I actually like losing games if that makes sense)

I have not won a SB with the 49ers in the last 3-4 maddens cause I could get the sliders set to make it tough enough for them to win but without it being cheap or unfair. I like a struggle to win cause the 49ers should struggle to win (real life). But I like for stats to be correct somewhat and for the cpu's qb not be so dominate. (I went 11-5 and actually won a SB with SF in this years game) Although it was nice to get there but I feel I didnt really deserve it. Teams that the 49ers had no buisness beating I beat.

I LOVE this game but Im still trying to find the right balance. Ive tried alot of different slider sets but still not getting the results im looking for. Once we get CPU sliders back im 100% sure i will be able to get it where I want it at but in the mean time Im willing to try any thing new. Thanks
Old 09-08-2008, 12:27 PM   #27
Captain Sarcastic

OVR: 6

Yeah last night I had my first really fun game. Everything seemed to work. LB/CB weren't superhuman on their jumps to deflect, they didn't turbo over to block the ball. I was having an awesome time. My son broke off a 40 yard TD run for once, and my passing game finally got on track. I was actually getting some loft on the ball instead of 20+ yard bullets that were int 5-8 yards after the origin of the pass. It was also the first game I was actually able to lead my receivers.

It's how the game should be!

The very next game was a different story. Back again were the insane interceptions close to the QB on a 20 yard pass. Throwing from the pocket trying to lead my passer & once again it's thrown behind him (i tried to lead him by quit a lot too cause he had a step on the defender after his cut), so the CB has time to zoom in and int.

Also one of the funniest goal line situations ever to date that really showed off the glaring issue with the turbo button. I pitch the ball to the left & my son runs 5 yards for a TD thanks to 1 critical pancake block, but the funny part was as soon as he got open and held down the turbo button (I've taught him to usually tap the turbo to get around the issues), every person that was being blocked (except one at the opposite end of the field) broke their block and went roaring after the HB. The most blatant example of blocks breaking due to the turbo being used that I've ever seen. It's also frustrating when your hands guy fumbles the ball on critical plays.

This game has a ton of potential & it's very close (minus the freezing issues), but it seems it just got rushed out. That great game i had was against the pats, so it was a great defense, the next game was against the eagles that all the problems came back.

Last edited by xxzone; 09-08-2008 at 12:30 PM.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:28 PM   #28
Rookie

Beardown's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
Being this is one of the few "positive" threads I'll ask here ... Are most of you playing with Madden IQ settings, or are you using custom sliders (dummy profile, etc)?

I've been reading thru most of the posts since the game came out, but other than playing roughly 5-10 minutes of a game with my son, I have yet to even put the game in my 360, mainly because I've been too busy and I really don't play much while the weather is still nice outdoors. Today will be my first day of really messing around with the game and checking out all the menus, etc. I plan to play some games using IQ, but I will not bother with the test based on the reviews I've seen. I'll just allow my ratings to start at 500 and go from there.

If I understand correctly there is only one roster update for me to get at this point, and also one patch. Will these simultaneously download or do I need to access LIVE twice to get both of them?

Thanks
The patch will download automatically when you load the game and detects it is not there. Go to play a game online and it will prompt you to download the current roster, then you can just back out of the game.

I personally play with the dummy profile. I feel that through the dummy profile you can effectively get CPU sliders.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:37 PM   #29
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

I've disliked Madden w/ a passion since Madden07. I waited until the dust settled for this one and got it. Before I even played a game I toned some players down - since after playing NFL2K for so long I feel EA overrates a lot of players -, then applied Heelfan's sliders. After that I am in love with this game, I cannot put the darn thing down. Sliders w/ both NCAA and Madden make me love both. I don't play anything else right now. I see no robo QB and actually get sacks. Not yet a gold star, but still a good game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 09-08-2008, 12:41 PM   #30
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I play on default All-Madden with weapons on. Thats it.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 09-08-2008, 12:47 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I play on default All-Madden with weapons on. Thats it.
Didn't like Madden IQ ???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2008, 12:52 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 34

I would agree, that the game is quite fun. I have been holding off on the 360 version somewhat until the 2nd patch drops, and have played about a dozen games or so online.

So far, I'm 1/4 of the way through season 1 of my franchise with the Jets, on the Wii version and having great fun.

Big plays for me, and against me. Some matchups my defense plays well, sometimes I get torched.

Sometimes my O is clicking and Brett Favre is rolling, other times the CPu gives me a tussel.

Madden did a good job this year. Anyone with a hint of objectivity should be able to see that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »