Home

30 Days of Madden and I'm lovin it!

This is a discussion on 30 Days of Madden and I'm lovin it! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2008, 09:11 PM   #49
Pro

Revolution42's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: 30 Days of Madden and I'm lovin it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
With all the negative that seems to be surrounding the forum right now, I figured it'd be cool to start a thread that was mostly positive. Yes, the game has issues, some bigger than others, but all in all, I am enjoying the hell out of this game. And like many others, I am v€ery much looking forward to the 2nd patch as well as the DLC. Not because I can't play and enjoy the game without them, but some things included in these two updates will only make my experience with Madden much more enjoyable. (I'm looking at you accelerated clock and penalties).

I've had some amazing moments and some amazing plays. Some caught on video, some that I didn't, and some that I deleted, well because I wasn't paying attention. I've seen some vicious hits, some WTH moments, and some plays that left be no other choice but to come to the conclusion that this game is nothing short of fun and if given the opportunity will leave you in awe at some of the plays that are executed.

I've been out of ball games at the half, in ball games until the end, and have even stolen a victory or two. And yes, the flipside is that I've had a few games stolen from me. But hey, that's football for ya.

I've had games where I couldn't pass but run, couldn't run, but could pass, and have had games where it seemed as though the cpu defense had 15 players on the field. And then there are games where nothing seems to be going right for my offense and then something happens that triggers a spark...

*3rd and 18 and the Raiders offense has been horrendous up to this point. Russell looking deep, lets it fly......TD RAIDERS! Thats what we needed. That could get things going.*

EA SPORTS World: Madden 09 Video Highlight

After this play, I went on to pretty much carve up the Dolphins D and won the game 28-10.

And then I've had games where my defense was great, games where they were good, games where they kept us in the game and games where well......

*Raiders defense looks off right now. Can't seem to get a grasp on what Leinart and the Cardinals are doing. 1st and 10 Cardinals. Hand off to James, he makes a man miss, and oh no, he's off and running. No one is going to catch him. TD Cardinals.*

EA SPORTS World: Madden 09 Video Highlight

This was the first of 3 TD runs of 50+ yds for the Edge, as he carved our defense for 246yds on the ground and 3 scores. Only positive, we held Leinart in check for most of the day.

These are just two examples of the type of excitement that Madden brings this year. Just when things are going bad, they get better, when things are going good, they go bad in an instant, and sometimes things just go from bad to worse.

Madden '09 is a damn good game and fun to boot. I know it has its "shortcomings" but in my opinion the good greatly outweighs the bad. In fact, watching football all day yesterday, just made me realize that much more, how enjoyable and good Madden is this year.

So if you are enjoying Madden '09, let it be known. Share some tips, some advice, a story, or an exciting play or two. If you're not enjoying the game, then please, please, post your complaint or frustration in one of the other many threads in this forum and not here. Please don't rip apart any of the vids posted or ask how I can enjoy the game when this or that happens. I know its shortcomings. I've been reading the boards and playing the game. Trust me, I am well aware of its faults. Please, let those of us who are enjoying the game, have a place to swap stories and tips without having to "answer for our opinion"

Thank you.

-CB
That was a great pass play...kinda reminded me of Ichiro catching a Hamilton deep fly ball.....nevertheless, yeah...this game will have its moments, it always does....after the patchs etc etc, I 'll be hoping I share the same experience(s) as you and the others that are happy with it. Nice vids..
Old 09-08-2008, 09:35 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 6

When I first fired up Madden 09, I loved it. Then I played it some more, and hated. Then I swallowed my pride, and messed with the sliders and now I'm loving it again. On the stock settings it was "cheap" hard. Now it's "realistically challenging", and I love it. I've still got some tweaking to do, but I love having to claw my way back from a 14-0 deficit, to edge out a win.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:24 PM   #51
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by edubbs
We have been saying that for the past 4 years and it still hasn't happened.

It's always "next year" with this franchise, on these NextGen consoles.
that depends on who you talk to. IMO, '09 is a great game.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »