Home

Offensive fumble recoveries

This is a discussion on Offensive fumble recoveries within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2008, 08:46 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 21
Re: Offensive fumble recoveries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Obvious
it would be awesome to see a dogpile with every player clawing and getting off cheap shots to recover the ball. every time a pile happens it would be nice to have it be a tense moment to see who recovered the ball.
^^

When I watch NFL football on Sundays, this is the most glaringly obvious ommision from Madden.

You see fumble pile-ups every single game... Hopefully this makes 2010.

I also hope 2010 adds some realistic delay to the events on field, rather than every D player instantly 'giving up' on the play when that whistle blows the exact milli-second the ball crosses the endzone.

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Old 09-09-2008, 03:27 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDogg09
On fumbles in Madden, why does the play stop when an offensive player recovers the ball?
The offense cannot advance the ball if it recovers its own fumble on fourth down, or in the last two minutes of the game, unless the ball is recovered by the fumbler. However, if the offense fumbles the ball, the defense recovers and then fumbles back to the offense, they would get a first down since possession had formally changed over the course of the play even though the ball had never been blown dead.
Old 09-10-2008, 07:48 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperG
The offense cannot advance the ball if it recovers its own fumble on fourth down, or in the last two minutes of the game, unless the ball is recovered by the fumbler. However, if the offense fumbles the ball, the defense recovers and then fumbles back to the offense, they would get a first down since possession had formally changed over the course of the play even though the ball had never been blown dead.
I'm pretty sure I've seen the play blown dead even when it wasn't fourth down or within the last two minutes. That's why I was asking.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »