Home

Is Brett Favre overrated on Madden 09

This is a discussion on Is Brett Favre overrated on Madden 09 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2008, 01:07 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Is Brett Favre overrated on Madden 09

I think a 94 is fine...especially with the rating Eli got...and Favre did better individually than Eli last season.

Favre isn't inaccurate...if you've watched the pre-season and the game against the Dolphins, Favre puts the ball where he wants, when he wants, and with some gas behind the it...and the ball usually ends up where it needs to be. Like somebody else said, he's reckless if anything...but he has guts. I wouldn't want a timid QB on my team...if you're gonna be the leader, take charge. You have to take the good with the bad...and I think the Jets will have a pretty good season overall this year...it's a totally different team this year with a different attitude.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:11 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven123
Madden over-rates a lot of players, it's been like this for years. Lets look at some other players, Vince Young - 90 last year, 89 this year ( are you serious?), Marion Barber rated 93 overall while Brandon Jacobs is only a 87, Brandon Jacobs did better than Barber in almost every category last season. But you know what's the best thing about these ratings? You can change them to your liking!
I agree that alot of player ratings are out of whack like Trent Edwards is rated the same as J.P. Losman and JaMarcus Russell is rated higher than both. I'm probably one of the few who think that the ratings do mean something in the game and I just think it's a bit weird that that they have some starters from last year are rated lower than Matt Ryan who never played an NFL game until this year. It seems like a predicted rating to me
Old 09-09-2008, 08:55 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 3

i cant stand when people say someone is overrated/underrated and then list the overall rating. how about saying what stat you specifically have an issue with? everyone knows about the weird calculations for overall ratings
Old 09-11-2008, 04:24 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

What I cant understand is how they have Warner at only 85 while Favre gets a 94. They both did well last year, and Warner had a much worse team.
Old 09-11-2008, 05:39 PM   #21
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLeon4
What I cant understand is how they have Warner at only 85 while Favre gets a 94. They both did well last year, and Warner had a much worse team.
So where should Warner be higher and where should Favre be lower exactly?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2008, 05:43 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by withauthority
So where should Warner be higher and where should Favre be lower exactly?
I think Warner should be a 90 and Favre a 92. Warner should have higher accuracy and somewhat higher speed, along with a couple exra thp points. Favre should have a little lower awareness and accuracy.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:34 PM   #23
Banned

Quote:
I think Warner should be a 90 and Favre a 92. Warner should have higher accuracy and somewhat higher speed, along with a couple exra thp points. Favre should have a little lower awareness and accuracy.
Well, your wrong.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:18 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Warner should have more speed? I wasn't even aware that he could run! lol

Favre's rating is just fine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »