Home

To the mods...re: thread locks

This is a discussion on To the mods...re: thread locks within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 10:04 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: To the mods...re: thread locks

Imagine if a nobody like me started a thread like this, I would have been told to shut up and follow the rules. Ian, you're like a god around here
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2008, 10:05 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ba11innnnn
haha very true, but the question is...would u rather have this than have a great thread get dissapeared because of other "bad" theads... it also could be like any Future threads+ any mod threads+any officaial etc.. thread and then a view limit so to say 500 then it go to the "post of fame"
nobody likes my idea =[ lol
Old 09-09-2008, 10:06 PM   #27
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Communism?! Come on guys....
...said the former communist...lol

Old 09-09-2008, 10:06 PM   #28
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
...said the former communist...lol

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 09-09-2008, 10:11 PM   #29
Pro

steez3's Arena

OVR: 11

I absolutely love this site, ever since I stumbled upon OS it has drastically made my sports gaming experience so much better....From the sliders for all my NBA 2k, Madden, NCAA, the show, NHL, Tiger etc etc. to the roster files ive gotten before the whole 2k share and ea locker came about to just meeting some really cool dudes and gettin a mlb the show franchise going.

That being said, I realize having to moderate these boards are not easy......trying to decide what gets locked and all that....my only problem is the attitude that is given by some mod's to us regular posters, if anyone who wasnt a mod said some of the things I have seen said(joking or not) they would have gotten an infraction or something along those lines, and the whole thing of "staying on topic" within threads but seeing mod's going completely off topic on the next page kind baffles me. In absolutely no way am I trying to put down the mod's or trying to start something here, im just stating my personal opinion on the time I have spent on this site. I love this site and cant see myself not coming on here multiple times a day like I have been for some time now.....OS is my homepage for pete's sake lol
Old 09-09-2008, 10:18 PM   #30
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Okay guys, let's chill a bit. Commenting on the moderation is not gonna end well.... Just some friendly advice..... Brian

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 09-09-2008, 10:19 PM   #31
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by steez3
I absolutely love this site, ever since I stumbled upon OS it has drastically made my sports gaming experience so much better....From the sliders for all my NBA 2k, Madden, NCAA, the show, NHL, Tiger etc etc. to the roster files ive gotten before the whole 2k share and ea locker came about to just meeting some really cool dudes and gettin a mlb the show franchise going.

That being said, I realize having to moderate these boards are not easy......trying to decide what gets locked and all that....my only problem is the attitude that is given by some mod's to us regular posters, if anyone who wasnt a mod said some of the things I have seen said(joking or not) they would have gotten an infraction or something along those lines, and the whole thing of "staying on topic" within threads but seeing mod's going completely off topic on the next page kind baffles me. In absolutely no way am I trying to put down the mod's or trying to start something here, im just stating my personal opinion on the time I have spent on this site. I love this site and cant see myself not coming on here multiple times a day like I have been for some time now.....OS is my homepage for pete's sake lol
I see your point, but I think the "atmosphere" of the particular boards play a large factor in this. For example, you are guaranteed that these types of discussions wouldn't even need to take place on The Show forum. Overall product satisfaction and gamer style (and to a degree demographic) play a role in the general mood of the particular forum, IMO.

As for some mods straying off-topic and all that, I agree to a point. Remember though, most are human (jury's still out on Brian) and several have at least apologized publicly when they've crossed the line.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2008, 10:20 PM   #32
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
I see your point, but I think the "atmosphere" of the particular boards play a large factor in this. For example, you are guaranteed that these types of discussions wouldn't even need to take place on The Show forum. Overall product satisfaction and gamer style (and to a degree demographic) play a role in the general mood of the particular forum, IMO.

As for some mods straying off-topic and all that, I agree to a point. Remember though, most are human (jury's still out on Brian) and several have at least apologized publicly when they've crossed the line.
I'm not human. I'm from Krypton!

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »