Home

With these big injuries...what do you do in Franchise?

This is a discussion on With these big injuries...what do you do in Franchise? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2008, 12:48 AM   #33
Pro

steez3's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: With these big injuries...what do you do in Franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrivera34
I have always wanted this option in my sports games. If it could be done in such a way where the injuries occur in the same exact week in your franchise, I am all for it.

To take the realism of the actual NFL a step further, I always wanted the option to use the actual NFL scores and stats for the CPU vs. CPU games in my franchise instead of leaving it up to the simulation engine.
I think thats a great idea with the cpu vs cpu games. To add onto that I always wanted something like March Madness(I think it was that game) did when they put out the actualy brackets for the tourney once they were out. Say once the playoffs are set in the NFL madden could release a download with the playoff matchups down to a T(accurate rosters)...whoever is at home is at home and so on, or even to add to that maybe a halfway point download...after week 7 take every teams actual record and such and do a optional download for people who want that extra sense of authenticity. Always wanted something like that for my nba 2k games also..... Not even sure if thats possible but just throwin out ideas
Old 09-10-2008, 01:01 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 1

Dont make things complicated just make current up to date accurate roster updates. Injuries should not impact your own personel Franchise some people play with injuries off to have everyone at full strength.Its different for online leagues and online play.

And make it easier for us update our own rosters By giving us the EA Locker feature so we can share rosters an adjustments.

And give practice squad players,traing camp rosters let make cuts and do every they do to get ready for real season.
Give us large data base of every player under NFL liscense every player invited to camp every player drafted now that would go hard, Give more abilty update our own rosters.
Old 09-10-2008, 01:05 AM   #35
av7
Hall Of Fame

av7's Arena

OVR: 37

I turn pre-existing injuries off since I want to start fresh with my franchise so I doubt I'd use this
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2008, 01:09 AM   #36
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

To be honest...I wouldn't use it myself.

As others have said...I'm not looking for my franchise to mirror the happenings of the real NFL season.
Old 09-10-2008, 01:13 AM   #37
Banned

OVR: 14

Neat idea, but like another posted said ... I wouldn't use it. I only care about my rosters being accurate as of the start of the real NFL season. After that I start my franchise and then it's my own personal season. After all, why would I want to exactly replicate what's going on in the NFL? I want my season to unfold in a unique manner.

This is exactly why we always say, give us as much flexibility as possible as far as editing, etc. Being able to edit players or create stadiums are what keep franchise mode entertaining as they allow us to "personalize" our teams. For example I have always wished we could create our own stadium for whatever team we choose to control (i.e. turn the Vikings into an outdoor team again ... I hate domes!).
Old 09-10-2008, 01:29 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 7

If it's an option? Add it!
Old 09-10-2008, 01:52 AM   #39
MVP

WDOgF0reL1fe's Arena

OVR: 27

Im been thinking of this FOR YEARS.

If there was some way to do it, i would PAY to have this option. This would make the game so realistic and would be awesome to play the games as they happen

Follow me on Twitter yeah.
@WillSoistman
Dibs: Jennifer Aniston

"Success isn't earned, it's leased. Rent is due every damn day.
Old 09-10-2008, 03:12 AM   #40
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

I don't know if I like the idea, honestly.

The game you play is probably not going to mirror reality very well. Is a guy who gets injured in the 3rd quarter of a real game going to magically get injured in the 3rd quarter of the Madden game...even if he's not on the field? Or is he not going to be available at all despite the real player having 5 catches for 80 yards before his injury? I just don't see how it would work very fairly with games you actually play. I suppose it wouldn't be too bad if it only affected the games you don't play, but even that breaks down when you get to playoff time. Even if my played team doesn't do well enough to make the playoffs, they might have won a couple games that they lost in reality and throw the standings off and cause different teams to qualify.

I don't know, I guess you could rig it into a mode similar to Madden Moments to prevent that from happening. The gamer's "challenge" is to get the same wins/losses as reality... but I know I wouldn't want to play that way.

All we really need is an accurate opening day roster and a ratings adjusted accurate end-of-season roster. The opening day roster to start your franchise in September, and the other one to use in quickplay when you're craving football in the middle of April. As soon as you start your franchise, you should no longer be worried about what the real teams are doing. My Raiders just got destroyed by Denver, but when I finally start my franchise (I'm waiting for the patch and hopefully the accelerated clock DLC), I don't plan on losing that game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »