Home

With these big injuries...what do you do in Franchise?

This is a discussion on With these big injuries...what do you do in Franchise? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2008, 12:42 AM   #57
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: With these big injuries...what do you do in Franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitch3d
I'd rather the developers focus on making Franchise mode better than adding a new mode that takes time away from fixing that. Superstar mode came in and that's when other area's that everyone loved started lacking. Don't need to go through that again imo.
Yeah we need a year of we ARE going to have everything back from last gen AND fix all the things you have been asking for. No new gimicks for this year.

To me this would be interesting and maybe get used, maybe not, but if everything else isn't what we want why add something new? Could wind up being just one more thing that doesn't work right...
Old 09-11-2008, 02:02 AM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 4

Would not use.

However, I would use a revamped, and improved franchise mode.
Old 09-11-2008, 06:02 PM   #59
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

nba live's DNA feature would be the way to go combine with weekly injury updates and transactions....the more options the better, us sim guys love to customize
Old 09-11-2008, 06:38 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 0

Ever since downloadable rosters have been available I've wanted this feature. Real life injuries that coincide with your franchise would be great.
Old 09-12-2008, 05:52 PM   #61
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
So with these big week 1 injuries leaving guys like Brady and Merriman out for the season, I'm curious...do any of you guys try to play along with the season in your Franchise mode?

I've had this idea for a few years that it might be cool to have some option for Franchise mode where you could give up all the roster management stuff and let that happen via an internet download...thus if you are playing with/against the Titans in week 2, Vince is out and you have to deal with that. I heard that NBA 2k's big online feature is that it parses rosters at all times through the NBA website...I would say this could be something similar to that (I don't know if theirs are valid in Franchise mode).

Any thoughts on the idea? Would you use it? If you are Johnny Pats Fan, be honest...will you or would you play along with the season without Brady?

Disclaimer: I'm definitely not promising this for 2010, 2011, or any Madden for that matter. Just wondering what you guys think of the idea...treat me like any other message board poster with an idea. Along with that, mods, don't be telling me to put this in the wishlist thread. (Just messing with you all ...sorry...you guys are doing an awesome and thankless job)
I would love this idea.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2008, 06:15 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm a Pats fan, always play with them, and I've waited until this roster update before starting a franchise.

For one, it will provide an extra challenge. I was blowing the CPU away, even with the sliders all turned way up. Second, it would just be weird to be playing with Brady when I won't be seeing him play in real life this season.

I can understand why others would do the opposite, but that's my 2 cents.
Old 09-12-2008, 07:18 PM   #63
Pro

SolidSnake07's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
So with these big week 1 injuries leaving guys like Brady and Merriman out for the season, I'm curious...do any of you guys try to play along with the season in your Franchise mode?
Absolutely not. I just want to begin a franchise with the rosters being as accurate as possible when the season began. Whatever happens after week one doesnt mean anything to me Madden wise.
Old 10-11-2008, 02:25 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

I've had this idea for a few years that it might be cool to have some option for Franchise mode where you could give up all the roster management stuff and let that happen via an internet download...thus if you are playing with/against the Titans in week 2, Vince is out and you have to deal with that. I heard that NBA 2k's big online feature is that it parses rosters at all times through the NBA website...I would say this could be something similar to that (I don't know if theirs are valid in Franchise mode).

Any thoughts on the idea? Would you use it? If you are Johnny Pats Fan, be honest...will you or would you play along with the season without Brady?

Disclaimer: I'm definitely not promising this for 2010, 2011, or any Madden for that matter. Just wondering what you guys think of the idea...treat me like any other message board poster with an idea. Along with that, mods, don't be telling me to put this in the wishlist thread. (Just messing with you all ...sorry...you guys are doing an awesome and thankless job)
I think this is a great idea. I think it would work best if the updates included injuries, roster/depth chart moves, ratings, team philosophys and team playbooks. This would also make the weekly ratings updates matter in franchise (or season) mode, and would help solve the problem where everyone is begging for the Dolphins Wildcat formation for instance.. Just update everything from the NFL in real time and let us play any games we want.

Also, I think it would be cool if real life weather from each game was imported into Madden. So if it rains this weekend in Tampa Bay, then it would do the same during Week 6 in Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »